DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Looking for input on MT pro bracket radial 14-32
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for input on MT pro bracket radial 14-32
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of jay giles
posted
I've seen the smaller sizes have been good for some. Is the 14-32 as good? Low 6 sec door car. Transbrake leaving.

Posts: 36 | Location: rougemont,nc | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have ran them all and this is what is on my car. In my opinion it does not take near the burn out time... I like them and will be purchasing another set in the near future. My car is 5.7's 1/8th mile

Posts: 42 | Location: East Coast | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bullcutter:
I have ran them all and this is what is on my car. In my opinion it does not take near the burn out time... I like them and will be purchasing another set in the near future. My car is 5.7's 1/8th mile[/QUOTE
I'm SORRY, spoke too soon, I run the bi-tire not the radial.....

Posts: 42 | Location: East Coast | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at them but haven't made the switch. I heard they only work on a "good" track and will go away fast. I think i'm going to stick with my 3074s.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I'd say if your car works really good you can adjust and make them work for you.
I ran 10.5 PBR's for most of a year and they did work when the track was good. Then suddenly after being good all day the car would shake and your day was over, and I'm footbraking but I do have a lot of starting line ratio with a 3 spd. One of the last races this year car in the other lane was on big PBR's and doubled. We were dialed real close at high 6's and we were both on the TB. I never saw the other car and when I looked back they were still on the line. I figured they broke but what happened was they just blew the tires off like a fuel car. By that race I had gone back to bias and my car was great all day.
Was my car quicker and faster on radials?, yes it was. Was it consistent on good tracks?, yes on that too. Did it rattle the tires on different tracks when the track went away? yes on that too.
I can easily get over 200 passes on a set of bias slicks and never have a tire problem.
The best thing I can tell you is try them, then you'll know if you like them.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jay giles
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm.thanks for the input. 270 runs on my goodyears. Still hole left. Think I'll stick with what works. Do run some marginal tracks sometimes. Will put on new gy this year.

Posts: 36 | Location: rougemont,nc | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jay giles:
Hmmmm.thanks for the input. 270 runs on my goodyears. Still hole left. Think I'll stick with what works. Do run some marginal tracks sometimes. Will put on new gy this year.

Something else to consider Jay, when I went to put new tires on my car last year, I was going to switch to the M/T PBR 14x32. Only one problem, NO ONE had any and no one knew when they were going to get any again.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Not to long ago I switched from 14x32 bias ply MT slicks to 13.5x13 PBR's...my car runs 6.50/60's in the 1/8th....it weighs 3350 with me in it...

I have never had a better tire on any car I have ever raced...never have to fool with the tire pressure, it stays the same...cold track, hot track does not make any difference...they are deadly...

I have run at 6 different tracks in 4 states...outside temps from 98* to 42*...track temps from 80's to 150*...my buddies who have these tires get 250+ passes on them, many over 300...

A quick story...when I was looking at these tires, I spoke with Jon Siegel with the wheelie wagon...he was a test mule for these before they came out...he told me not to get the 14x32's and to go with the 13.5x13's which I did...he said they just worked better...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy, whats Jon's car weigh? It might work because of you guys being heavy. I am only 2500 with me in the car.

302-786-1078

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy are you running the 3373R?

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what Jon's car weighs but you may be correct...maybe heavier is better for the PBR's...

I will have to check the number...it is the 31.5x13x15 pro bracket radial by MT...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
I switched from hoosier 13.5x31s to 12.2w phoenix bias plys, now th the same tire as fuzzy, 3373R pro bracket radial. My car works with all of them, but i like the PBR's so far. Ive got about 30.passes on them and am very pleased. My car with me is just shy of 3000#, ladder bar car. I took pinion angle out before i switched from the phoenix( it had way too much) and now with the pbrs, launches just like it did before changing the pinion angle. Im curious how many runs they will last, but so far so good

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Considering the big PBR on mine as well. Will they work with tranbrake? Car is 3200#, ladderbar, runs 9.50 with 1.33 60ft. Transbrake only car.

Posts: 11 | Location: Here | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Are there any racers that have won big bracket racing events ($10k or more) using radials last year (2018)?

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Nova, my car is both trans braked and footbraked. I launch at 4600, and run 9.50- 9.60s, 1.29-1.32 60's, depending on weather. I havent footbraked it yet, but i dont think it will be an issue.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jay giles
posted Hide Post
Rodney Finchum (FTI 2900!) 20k at Piedmont. Think he was on pbr's.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Been on 3362R’s for 3 seasons or so. Wouldn’t go back to a bias slick on my car, it loves PBRs.
My experience with PBRs has been they like to be hit hard, and seem to work better on heavier cars than bias slicks. I’ve been 1.41 @ 3700 pounds off the tbrake (496 BBC) on PBRs, and that was on a cold track. Light burnout, 17-20 psi, knock the crap out of them, and they work great.
Curious as to whether or not the 3373R works well- IF I ever put a big tire under my junk that’s what tire I’d use.
3362R lasts many moons, don’t leak air, are a heck of a lot more stable on the big end, and bite harder than any bias slick I’ve ever had. Maybe the 3373R does too??

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:

He has a pretty slow car. Question should of been any car under 2700lbs run faster then 6.00 won any big races..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:

He has a pretty slow car. Question should of been any car under 2700lbs run faster then 6.00 won any big races..

Yes, I agree with you on how I should have asked this question. My car is 2840 and will run 6.0

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Everyone chip in and buy me a set and i'll try it on a 2500 lb 5.50 car? LOL

302-786-1078

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078