DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Looking for input on MT pro bracket radial 14-32
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for input on MT pro bracket radial 14-32
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jay giles:
Hmmmm.thanks for the input. 270 runs on my goodyears. Still hole left. Think I'll stick with what works. Do run some marginal tracks sometimes. Will put on new gy this year.

Are you using the GY 1984 model tire?

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/marke...item/950495792005282
Here's a pair a friend of mine has for sale

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

30 runs and selling……must not work very good.

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

30 runs and selling……must not work very good.

Most cars aren't good enough to work with a radial tire, but they are the best tires.

I've never run the PBR but I won't run a bias tire on my door car.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Most cars aren't good enough to work with a radial tire, but they are the best tires.

Could you give an example of what you would consider to be “good enough”.

What non-bias tire are you running on a what weight / hp door car? 1/8 Et /mph?

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slick Vic:
Everyone chip in and buy me a set and i'll try it on a 2500 lb 5.50 car? LOL

If you do it keep us posted i really want to know how they would work on a faster car.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jay giles
posted Hide Post
Markemark....yes

Posts: 36 | Location: rougemont,nc | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know where you could get a good used set of 32/14 with only 30 runs on if wanting to try……

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I know where you could get a good used set of 32/14 with only 30 runs on if wanting to try……

I vote Slick Vic as the beta tester haha

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jason Haley
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine runs the 32x14 PBR going 5.80s in a Vega. He says they're the best tire he's ever ran. He gets well over 300 runs out of a set. I personally run the 28x10.5 on my S-10 and it's really good 95% of the time. When the track gets hot and greasy I have to make some adjustments to make it work. I think that's mainly because I'm only going 6.90s-7.0s and my truck doesn't weigh much, so it doesn't "hit" the tire hard enough.

Slow S-10
Slower Cutlass

Posts: 38 | Location: Smiths Grove, KY | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:

Could you give an example of what you would consider to be “good enough”.

What non-bias tire are you running on a what weight / hp door car? 1/8 Et /mph?

There's no absolute example of what works. The stuff everyone has heard about radials is true; when they don't hook, they just blow the tires off. You don't just shake and lose a couple hundredths.

If you can make your car hook on them all the time, that same principle makes them the ultimate tire. I don't care if I'm running right after a jet car, or if the sun just came out or went behind a cloud. I know that if the front end comes up and stays there, my 60' will be within .01 of the last one. Every time.

When I made a decent increase in power many years ago, I needed to put a lot of work and some $ into the front end to make it come around. I'm sure that same effort would pay dividends on a bias tire too, but I still believe there is advantage in the tire. The radial construction and higher air pressure help keep the sidewalls from breaking down and becoming a variable.

My car is a lot different than most in the thread. It's basically a stocker with a transbrake on alcohol; 3600# with a 9" tire, running 6.45/10.20 with a 1.40 60' time.

I run Hoosier radials and have used Goodyear in the past with success. If they offered a 30" tall 9" PBR, I'd try them. 28" tires only go on the front. Smile

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
Anyone use them pro tree racing yet?

In greed we trust...So where's my money at?

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is just for information with smaller radials 29.5 x 9 Hoosiers & 29.5 x 10.5 M/T PBR.

IMO, too many people get rapped around having ideal conditions for a radial. I run in some piss poor conditions, but the worst was my shop floor. I wanted to see what the radials would do in the worst conditions. The shop floor was virgin concrete, with no prep. I put on my 3 year old 29.5 x 9 Hoosier Radials (150 runs) & did a 20' burnout. Backed into the fresh tracks & launched the car. The car left the shop with the wheels in the air & no spin, just like the track.

Now, normally I run in the Las Vegas sun with 100* plus temps, with no problems. The only time I have issues is 50* or lower with no sun on the track. Then I have to lengthen the burnout, to get it to hook. Normally I do a short burnout.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2500 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
just curious i saw where phoenix also offers a radial wondering are they any good

Posts: 165 | Location: willow spring nc | Registered: July 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vega3410:
Anyone use them pro tree racing yet?

I won a S/ST division title in 2015 on my 9" Hoosier radials.

Tony Leonard

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
has to be a low to mid 5 car running these somewhere

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a four link strut front end camaro with the 31x13.5x15 pbrs on it. Car has a 565 and runs 5.20s in the 1/8th. Car would blow the tires off at first. After new strange pro mod struts in the front and new shocks in the back done by Menscer the car works. I have raced the car for 13 years on a bias tire no problem. Was not a bolt on and go thing.

Allen Chamberlin

Posts: 11 | Location: Bellwood pa | Registered: October 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allen Chamberlin:
I have a four link strut front end camaro with the 31x13.5x15 pbrs on it. Car has a 565 and runs 5.20s in the 1/8th. Car would blow the tires off at first. After new strange pro mod struts in the front and new shocks in the back done by Menscer the car works. I have raced the car for 13 years on a bias tire no problem. Was not a bolt on and go thing.

Why did you change to radials? Think it was worth it?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allen Chamberlin:

Any diff in e.t or 60fts?

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I switched to see if they lasted longer. Were they more consistent. Were they faster. Small tire guys local love them. I was hoping to swap and go but didn't happen. I had to change instant center and mess with shocks front and back. Tony said it above the most improvement was in the front shock valving. The tires dead hook pulling the front up and you need to be able to control the front to allow the back to work. The are a few hundreds faster. I got them to work on the last day of the season and I won the race so they are consistent.I cannot speak about longevity yet. T

Allen Chamberlin

Posts: 11 | Location: Bellwood pa | Registered: October 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post