New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Radiator
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
The radiator in my dragster is very old and starting to leak at the bottom tank. It was made by Griffin. I contacted them about a new one, they want me to send the old one to them plus it will cost almost 1K to make one like it. I am not trying to be cheap. But , who would be a better option to make one? It will be mounted in front of the engine. Bob J

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I will draw a picture using the template from the web site and send it to them. See what happens. Bob J

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No idea what the cost is but my car came with one from https://saldanaracingproducts.com/

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What brand dragster? I'm in same boat. Griffin doesn't make it a stock size anymore.

Posts: 102 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
We keep these in stock most of time.

https://www.meziere.com/Produc...-fan-and-shroud.aspx

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 238 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I had Saldana make me a custom aluminum version of the stock Scirocco radiator that my old hardtail Dragster had. They were super easy to deal with and very reasonably priced.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It is an old ed Quay dragster.