DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Colorado/Canyon package build up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado/Canyon package build up
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I am curious if anyone is building a Colorado/Canyon package. I like the look and think it would be a good choice for GT or other classes. That body has been on the market long enough to be plentiful and inexpensive

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Reserved for foreign and domestic factory-production two-door coupes,
two-door sedans, sports cars, convertibles, or station wagons with any
production V-8 engine of the same make.

Also the body and the engine must be in the classification guide. I see no listing for that platform.

BW

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
BW, you are correct it is not in the NHRA guide. I "think" if a fellow wanted to pursue the issue, he could get it listed with NHRA.

That aside, the bracket and other classes are an open page.

I am just curious if anyone is doing a build, in any class.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
FWIW Colorados and Canyons were available with the 5.3 from the factory for a few years.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've built one for brackets, and with what I've done to it, it may be eligible if it was in the guide.

440"LS
'glide
cal-tracs
all OEM body and glass
all interior trim panels and dash
28x9 PBR's
3310#

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think it would be lighter than the S-10,at least the early models should be. I was working at a chevy dealer when they were new,seemed really tinny and cheap compared to the S-10. I don't ever remember seeing a 5.3 in one though and I've worked on quite a few over the years. That's not saying they never put one in it,I've just never seen one.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Colorado

It's definitely not going to be lighter than an S-10. Truck is actually bigger than an s-series, especially in the engine bay.

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post