DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Diesel Auxiliary Truck Bed Tanks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diesel Auxiliary Truck Bed Tanks
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Would like to hear what members are using for diesel auxiliary truck bed tanks. General information like: Brand, material (steel or aluminum), capacity, gravity or pump transfer & any other related information you would like to provide. Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Tanks Inc
Pit pal.
RDS makes some nice ones too.
Transfer Flow.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4495 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I installed a bunch of transfer flow tanks combo tool box in my customers foreman and crew trucks over the years, nice products. The only draw back is the pump is slower than say the fill rite by about half. There is a real nice aluminum tank out with a 15 gpm pump, I forget the name of it though. Its just the tank, no tool box. combo units were just under 2 grand a couple of years ago, probably higher now.

Posts: 296 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
If you're going for extra capacity for your truck, not for carrying fuel for other things, take a look at Titan Fuel tanks. Bolt into the stock location and keeps your bed open. Just a thought

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
If you're going for extra capacity for your truck, not for carrying fuel for other things, take a look at Titan Fuel tanks. Bolt into the stock location and keeps your bed open. Just a thought

Thanks Guys!

We are looking for extra capacity for the new truck we have to find first. It will be used for nothing else & we would like 100 gal. minimum capacity total. Not worried about losing part of the bed, we have other trucks for using the beds.

On the new truck, we found a 2023 Chevy High Country 3500 dually today with a sticker price of 87K. They were not open today, going to be there at opening tomorrow to see how much they want over sticker. We are paying cash & if they want too much over sticker we'll wait. I'll go some over sticker, but how much I don't know! Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
had a Transfer Flow aluminum 98 gal in the bed of my dually. Fully integrated with the OEM system and had very good service with it.

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:

Thanks Guys!

We are looking for extra capacity for the new truck we have to find first. It will be used for nothing else & we would like 100 gal. minimum capacity total. Not worried about losing part of the bed, we have other trucks for using the beds.

On the new truck, we found a 2023 Chevy High Country 3500 dually today with a sticker price of 87K. They were not open today, going to be there at opening tomorrow to see how much they want over sticker. We are paying cash & if they want too much over sticker we'll wait. I'll go some over sticker, but how much I don't know! Eek

How's the new truck tow? Gas or Diesel?

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:

We took delivery on the truck yesterday it only has 145 miles on it after we drove it yesterday. They want 500 pampered miles on the truck before towing, the plan is to get the remainder miles on it. Then tow with it next weekend & it's diesel.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:

The new truck is a diesel & it's a luxurious beast for towing!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We decided on a Transfer Flow auxiliary tank, just haven't decided on the gal, capacity yet. It's either going to be a 75 or 100 gal. leaning towards a 100.

Pretty sure I'll drive to Chino CA to have it installed at Transfer Flow.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
While in Chino go to Flo’s for breakfast at the airport

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I was looking for "Specific Kit" for one of my service trucks. Nobody had it except for Transfer Flow.. It's a one stop shop. 2 days and it was at the door..

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ordered the 100 gal. auxiliary tank this morning from Transfer Flow. I'm scheduled for install on Mar. 8th at their facility in Chico, CA.; road trip. Eek

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Getting ready to make the trip to Transfer Flow in Chico, CA to have the 100 gal. aux tank installed. Not sure the route I'm going to take, there's basically 2 routes from our place. Both of them have had highway closures recently due to the heavy snows in the Seirra Neveda Mountain Range. I would prefer to take the one East of the range, but that's the most treacherous route crossing over using the Donner pass. I'll probably take the Western route of the range for the 1st part of the trip.

I've put together some emergency supplies in the truck. Plus, I need to get some Diesel anti-gel additive for 140 gal. for the return trip. This will be my 1st major trip with the new truck, roughly 1,200 miles total.

USA

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Two long days of travelling & the auxiliary tank is installed. I was able to test the system on the drive home, even though the manufacturer does that with the install.

I got in & out of CA as quick as I could, more snow/rain on the way. Eek

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I thought I had posted the link, I guess not.

2BKING Smile

https://www.transferflow.com/

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436