New
Find
Notify
Tools

supersucker
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
can you run one.with a terminator if so did it help.

Posts: 28 | Location: Rocky Mount | Registered: December 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not think it will help one single bit except to lighten wallet some. Your Terminator is just an air valve and air flows pretty good. Besides that the restriction in your intake system is the heads, valves and ports.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I put on a 2" Super sucker because I needed to add in lean out valve fitting and the intake didn't have much of a carburetor pad to drill into. If I eventually change intakes, the new one should have enough of a pad to drill and tap for the fitting I can get rid of the spacer and gain some hood clearance.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
I put on a 2" Super sucker because I needed to add in lean out valve fitting and the intake didn't have much of a carburetor pad to drill into. If I eventually change intakes, the new one should have enough of a pad to drill and tap for the fitting I can get rid of the spacer and gain some hood clearance.

Why didn't you just get a 1" open phenolic spacer?

4150 base carb without a big PCV port on the rear?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
The theory of the super sucker is to improve vacuum signal at the carb booster, and improve flow into the plenum.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
The theory of the super sucker is to improve vacuum signal at the carb booster, and improve flow into the plenum.

Theory or Sales Pitch?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:

Theory or Sales Pitch?

You make the call. Wink

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I back to back tested an open spacer and super sucker years ago and picked up a solid 3 hundredths 1/8 th mile.Of course my junk was slow and using a 4150 carb.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I too have back to back the super sucker, open, 4 hole and never seen any improvement on the time slip from any spacer on any engine I’ve run with HP that varied from 500 to 1100! Never seen .01 in ET or .1 MPH, on gas and with both 4150 and 4500 carbs.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a brand new Wilson #011111. $40 plus the ride

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good for you Eddie

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Some of those blended 4 hole spacers almost look like they are extensions of the carb venturis rather than spacers.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys dont look like it would help ok

Posts: 28 | Location: Rocky Mount | Registered: December 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post