DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Which PG input shaft?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which PG input shaft?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted
Just installed a 1.96 gear set in a power glide transmission.
Planet looks like the factory 1.82 planet.
I need a turbo spline input shaft.
Since it's Sunday I cant call any manufactures, but would like to order one this evening.
So what is the opinions of which length input to use?
Unfortunately I have no idea as to the brand of the low gear set.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DON KALINA
posted Hide Post
LOOK FOR AN INPUT SHAFT THAT IS..12 3/4 LONG...COVERS BOTH PLANETARY'S...GOOD LUCK..

Posts: 58 | Location: Northwest | Registered: August 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Take a look at your pump stator tube, see if it has a bushing. It makes a difference for which input shaft you'll need.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Take a look at your pump stator tube, see if it has a bushing. It makes a difference for which input shaft you'll need.

Mike thanks for the reminder.
I'm well aware of the need for the bushing in the stater support if not running a bushed converter.
Just looking for information on the correct length.
Don Kalina thank you for that measurement.

Bruce Lee Cool

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unless you're a transmission guy, if I were you I'd put a 12 7/8 in it. I've looked at a lot of input shafts over the years, a 12 7/8 install, will be a matter of sliding it in. I've seen a few the ring journals partially cover the lube orifice in the tube.

A word to the wise.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
FTI might be the faster shipper? Plus they keep a lot of stuff like Mike is showing.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
FTI might be the faster shipper? Plus they keep a lot of stuff like Mike is showing.

You are correct sir. OP feel free to reach out I can ship today if ordered before 3pm. -Dalton

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all of your comments. I called FTI this am and got a PN.

Bruce Lee Cool