DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Head off spring compressors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Head off spring compressors
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I’ve nearly knocked my teeth out enough with my current welded/braced/bubble gummed compressor.

What are you guys using?

The lsm stuff looks really nice but pricey for how often I’d use it!

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Proform 66832 works good .

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2405 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
LSM FTW!!!!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I really like my LSM on the head type valve spring compressor so they would be the first I would look at for other type.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3973 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
LSM

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The LSM above makes it all look waaaaaaaay too easy

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
LSM

cry once

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
I have both types of LSM compressors. Great products!

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
LSM

cry once

LOL, but the right answer

Bob

Posts: 3075 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tools are independence, same as knowledge and experience.

Checker and remover.

LSM

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I do have a LSM spring checker and it's a very nice piece, I can only assume the quality is the same on the compressors LSM offers.

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
10 or 12 years ago I had a valve spring get away while installing it on the bench. Got me in the lip under my nose. Emergency room doc said it almost went through and was lucky I didn't lose my front teeth. They super glued me up, I grew a mustache to cover it, and I look at it every morning when I shave. I was using a standard shop type compresser.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
LSM all the way. Expensive yes, but once you use them you'll never use anything else...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
LSM it is.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
You won't be sorry......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
The BEST head off spring compressor is an MTI. The one everyone copies.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
LSM is head off or on.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Again LSM and don't look back

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
LSM all the way

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post