DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    aftermarket block
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

aftermarket block
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
anyone have any feed back on the brodix steel block verse the Dart big M pro's and con's

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Idk yet but just put together a 434 Brodix block...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I guess everyone is building with the dart BIG M. anyone else?

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have been wondering the same and was gonna ask my builder if he has any experience with them.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
When I bought my Dart Big "M" block I had them do all the machine work, it was flawless. Frankly I can find any reason to complain, I would buy another Dart Big "M".

My son Mike (TD 710) has a Brodix BBC aluminum block and it is also very impressive.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The Brodix is considerably cheaper and is reason I am interested.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them steel. BRODIX has a good product and stands behind their products!

My son Cory's Ezell dragster has one 598 and my red American has the other 598.

No complaints here! Both run very well!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I have 2 of them steel. BRODIX has a good product and stands behind their products!

My son Cory's Ezell dragster has one 598 and my red American has the other 598.

No complaints here! Both run very well!

That's good to know.

I figured they'd be fine when I heard a few years ago or so Brodix had blocks in the works.

Everything I've ever gotten from Brodix has been top shelf quality, this is not surprising, BUT good to know.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Do the new Brodix Steel BBC blocks come with billet steel caps as an option? Or are you limited to ductile iron? If so, how much power will the ductile caps take and for how long?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Brodix cast iron blocks are Blueprint blocks and not on par with Dart's big or little M

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I now have 3 motors with steel Brodix blocks...no issues and 2 of them are production #s 1 and 2 sold to Wilson Race Engines. 1 has a blower on it and goes 4.30 at 161, another goes 4.50s in the 150s and the other goes 4.60s at upper 140s.

Where do you get informed they are not on par with a competitive product? Do you use any steel Brodix blocks?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
from several engine builders including 2 in Texas

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have years of use with over 700 runs or more on 2 of them to prove them factually wrong...they probably get better prices from Dart and want to sell that instead would be my guess.

Truth and facts prevail here IMO. Not a fan of Dart...but certainly can't say they are below par in comparisonto other Block manufacturers.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Maybe. check your PM

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I have years of use with over 700 runs or more on 2 of them to prove them factually wrong...they probably get better prices from Dart and want to sell that instead would be my guess.

Truth and facts prevail here IMO. Not a fan of Dart...but certainly can't say they are below par in comparisonto other Block manufacturers.

Chris, does your Brodix blocks have the nodular iron main caps or did Spanky upgrade them? I'm glad to hear you have had good success with them as have put so many runs on them, that's good to hear..

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The mains that come with the brodix see huge to begin with...didn't change em.

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Even better to know.. thanks Chris

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
When I bought my Dart Big "M" block I had them do all the machine work, it was flawless. Frankly I can find any reason to complain, I would buy another Dart Big "M".

Bob

That was my experience. The clearances delivered was perfect to .0001”. Ring seal best I’ve seen in 25 years of building. Glad to hear that’s still the case.
Send them a sample lifter and piston. Tell them what you want for clearance and wait for perfection

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12161 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post