DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mega 450 Box and Throttle Stop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mega 450 Box and Throttle Stop
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted
Setting up a car for next year for a friend who will be doing some Super Comp Racing. He has a Mega 450 Box in the car but the timers are 00.00 when we need them to be 00.000, anyone know how to change this? My Dedenbear has 00.000 (three spots after decimal) and thats what we need.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Page 8 of the mega 450 instructions available at digital delay. It didn't paste well here

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 463 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Got it, thanks. We didnt have the instructions and my old eyes must have passed over it in the instructions. Thanks

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I rarely use the 3rd digit on the stop timer. When each .01 in the timer moves the ET .003 or .004, I figure I’m not guessing with any more precision than that anyway.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I rarely use the 3rd digit on the stop timer. When each .01 in the timer moves the ET .003 or .004, I figure I’m not guessing with any more precision than that anyway.

I told this to him also but he insisted that it be set this way. He wanted to keep it the same as his other car that has a different box. This way he wouldn't get confused and accidentally put too many numbers before the decimal.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

This plus using three digits pretty much makes the up and down arrows useless for last second quick adjustments.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 463 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
It's very useful when you have a 1:1 ratio.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Have him contact Digital Delay at: (563) 324-1046 or Google: Mega 450 Instructions.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by botmbulb:

Which I do in my dragster. Just put the extra change in my pocket.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by botmbulb:

Which I do in my dragster. Just put the extra change in my pocket.

I prefer exact change. Wink

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Shoe,
Contact Digital Delay. Older 450’s only had two spots after the decimal. They had a update which adds the 3rd 0 after the decimal. Contact them as I think they can do an update to your software.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Shoe,
Contact Digital Delay. Older 450’s only had two spots after the decimal. They had a update which adds the 3rd 0 after the decimal. Contact them as I think they can do an update to your software.

I have one of those, but you can still get 3 digits if you use Bracket mode. The 2 digit limitation is only in Pro mode.

Even though I usually don’t use the third digit, I do always use Bracket mode so the option is available.

Tony Leonard