DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    LS engine in S-10 headers & engine mounts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LS engine in S-10 headers & engine mounts
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I am looking at doing the above for a fellow. For those of you with an LS engine in an S-10, what did you do for headers and engine mounts? This is a drag race package.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It will need to be a 1 7/8 x 3.5 header

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
https://www.s10forum.com/forums/

You might have to dig around a bit but there are a lot of LS engine swaps in that group. HTH

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 484 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Has to be the second most popular swap right behind the Mustang.

TRZ motorsports and Motion Raceworks might be good place to start.

Another would be S&W rae cars.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 235 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
After a few days of searching, I see the market holds a set of under truck 1 7/8"
that has two tubes inside frame and two tubes over the frame. That design limits front tire size and I like running a large OD front tire.

The other 1 7/8" option is the forward facing/forward exit design. Each time I look at the photos of the forward-facing header I like it a little more.

NOTE: I need the 1 7/8" tube to relieve the exhaust port. The LS3 CNC heads have a large, D port exhaust that will barely clear at 1 7/8"

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
I'm really liking my set up. I also run the radaitor in the bed.

Meziere Tech.

Posts: 235 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My Muscle Rod headers go 2/2 around the frame, the tubular A arms kill the first header tube on the passenger side.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
also run the radaitor in the bed.

1leg, what is your reason for doing so?

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I realize your not asking me but I also run the radiator in the bed.

A few reasons...

Nose weight - with a fiberglass front end, doors and rearend, aluminum block I am still 52.5%

Radiator Size - no limit to how big you can run if you choose to

Tubular Front K Member - not to say you can't run a radiator with that setup but it makes packaging harder

Easy Maintenance - with the fiberglass front end I can change a water pump in 5 minutes, just nice not having it up there.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
got pics?

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
quote:
also run the radaitor in the bed.

1leg, what is your reason for doing so?

Easy way to move weight to the rear, Trucks are very nose heavy.
Really cleans up the engine compartment to make room for other things like turbos.

Meziere Tech.