DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Will it clear? BLP Dominator 2" cowl 69 Nova sbc
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will it clear? BLP Dominator 2" cowl 69 Nova sbc
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I changed my mind I'm gonna put this on it from the git go. It's a BLP BX-4 850 base plate with a 750 cfm main body. I made one run on this in 2017 at Sunshine with this engine combo, 1.69 low and 3.89 gear with a couple hundred pounds of lead ballast in the trunk and two batteries.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rumor was the Ripper heads were ported to dip in the 5's n/a. Here's the Brodix T1 233 out of the box CNC ports.

Others said it had nitrous under the intake. Wrong in that regard too.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hood getting painted tomorrow, I might have the pics, painted Sunday.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rock'n bracket racing hood. Damn nice work.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Looking Good!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Looking Good!

Thank you Sir, I'll pass that compliment along to the artist, as well.

He's probably an hour from the beach here, I'll ride out tomorrow or Sunday, whichever he prefers.

Yeah, this is working out really well. I had an 1/8 of a gallon of paint leftover I gave the paint man, to match the paint for the hood,he's confident it's perfect.

This guy is a mile east of veterans expwy off Spring Hill drive, anyone in Tampa area needs their race car slicked up, this is the guy.

I'm doing a 540 BBC for his no prep car. He's got a 70 Nova frame off resto fab 9 etc etc really nice car, I'm doing trans and supension, he wants my idea's on the car 100%, so that's gonna be interesting, because I got a bunch of em.

First pic has one coat of clear, the rest have 3.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wet sanded

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks again banjo Cool

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
No problem, looks sharp!

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1829 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by banjo:
No problem, looks sharp!

Thanks, I prefer the factory flat hood look as well. I picked up a Strip Dominator I may or may not try, these SV2's are hard to beat. I may have it hopped up and try it though for nostalgia, and 1.25" additional clearance.

To avoid regulations I'm gonna keep her in the high 30's , low 40's.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by banjo:
No problem, looks sharp!

Thanks, I prefer the factory flat hood look as well. I picked up a Strip Dominator I may or may not try, these SV2's are hard to beat. I may have it hopped up and try it though for nostalgia, and 1.25" additional clearance.

To avoid regulations I'm gonna keep her in the high 30's , low 40's.

ottm

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fixed the flare at the shift, it was an obvious error on my part, running the yellow vent hose under, rather than over the top of the dipstick. The hose was kinked when the dipstick was attached/tightened to the bell housing.

I went ahead and pulled the trans apart and put new lip seals & bushing in the drum. I knew it had something to do with the vent, after each run I'd have to shove the dipstick in the tube, which tells me the vent hose was kinked 90% and blew the stick out when it finally achieved the shift.

It shifted 300 rpms higher in the semi, than the other rounds 7450 rpms.