DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    8" wide DOT Street Tire Tread Super Pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8" wide DOT Street Tire Tread Super Pro
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Finally got to work a little with these tires.

Call me carazy BUT I love em!

They're gonna be excellent with a few more laps on em, trust me. I know now what they want.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
5.44!! Damn ripper finally stepping up.Thats impressive for chrome bumper all steel gm!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
5.44!! Damn ripper finally stepping up.Thats impressive for chrome bumper all steel gm!!

Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyway, so these DOT street tires are easy to get, easy to mount, easy to balance, inexpensive, look good, long life span, smooth ride and the transmission comes back to the trailer under 150 degrees high gear only, leaving 2000 rpm's in low gear for 1 tenth of a second.

Moving the leave rpm from 3000 to 2000 made em consistent. I still have a bunch left to tweak, but I can tell they're gonna be killer.

All I'm lacking is Chevrolet ralley wheels.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
You did that time slip with the camaro right? Try 17 lbs.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
You did that time slip with the camaro right? Try 17 lbs.

Yes, the Cocoa Beach Kid Camaro. I knew that race would be a battle royal.

I was up to 23.5 psi, the higher I went the better.

It's definitely black tracking the tires.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So the Nova went 6.84 and some other vehicle ran a 5.44? Only car shown is the 6.84 vehicle, correct?

Posts: 58 | Location: st louis mo | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fasterat:
So the Nova went 6.84 and some other vehicle ran a 5.44? Only car shown is the 6.84 vehicle, correct?

6.80 around 110 mph Super Pro bracket racing.

High gear only, 8" wide DOT street tire tread.

Finally got to work with the new street tires, gear and TSI BCRCXLS converter.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Is it a Hoosier tire?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Is it a Hoosier tire?

Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S.

I can get them next day, free delivery on Amazon.

They're so small, they come in boxes.

Easy to mount & balance. Car rides like a Cadillac CT5-V.

Inexpensive.