DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer Tires, Time for New Ones
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer Tires, Time for New Ones
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I believe everyone has gone through the what trailer tires, and who should I buy them from.
Nobody Likes flats, I don't. That being said, what is the consciences for a 48' triaxle? quality is the main concern, not price.

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
If the whole debacle from Goodyear doesn't bother you. I still think the Goodyear Endurance is the best trailer tire going right now.

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
If the whole debacle from Goodyear doesn't bother you. I still think the Goodyear Endurance is the best trailer tire going right now.

I'm with you.I have had some great success with them.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have some good lookin Sailun s637 but not enough miles to vouch for. Some else here bought them and may have a review. "Someone" will say they're chinese junk but so is the phone I just typed this message on. Lol

Posts: 182 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are referring to the Goodyear Endurance series. They have good reviews . At $220.00 each for my size. Not a bad price from Tire Rack.

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I purchased my used trailer with Firestone trans force tires that lasted over 10 years (yeah, I know that’s pushing it) from the date code. I have a 48 foot gooseneck around 15,000 pounds and live in Phoenix where cracked sidewalls are the norm. The light truck tires don’t explode like the trailer tires do.

Posts: 8 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Firestone Transforce LT tires was recommended to me and I have had great luck so far after 4 years on the trailer.
Mine are 225/75R16. I wanted to put the 235 on but felt they would rub.
I also have them on my dually

Posts: 2394 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

This^^^ 4 years, thousands upon thousands of miles and no issues.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have gone over more reviews on the Goodyear's. There will always be the negative reviews. The pros are outnumbering the cons.
Ordered just now, With my Veterans discount the price was just to hard to pass up. It includes mounting and balancing at my shop.

I run the 235/85 Always nice to have a big tire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD1964,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
I have gone over more reviews on the Goodyear's. There will always be the negative reviews. The pros are outnumbering the cons.
Ordered just now, With my Veterans discount the price was just to hard to pass up. It includes mounting and balancing at my shop.

I run the 235/85 Always nice to have a big tire.

I've got 2 years on mine so far and thousands of miles including a 6000 mile round trip to AL and back last Oct.

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
75 mph rating commercial - industrial grade, all steel construction lowest rolling resistance trailer tire.

BMF

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
chinese junk!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
75 mph rating commercial - industrial grade, all steel construction lowest rolling resistance trailer tire.

BMF

Look real close cause the deviates sometimes hide the Made in China lettering.....

I had a set of Titans that had it where the bead seats on the rim. Once mounted you'd never see it....till they blow up.....

Nearly every ST tire was Made offshore....China, Taiwan.....and some were/are made in Mexico..

The Goodyear Endurance are supposed to be made in USA.....

My set has been fine.....E rated 15's....80lb air...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
GY Endurance 225/75-15 are (N) 87 mph rated and made in USA.

I replace trailer tires (to include the never used spare) every 5 years no matter the mileage. GY Endurance installed last year.

Posts: 2427 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Speed rating and load rating are 2 separate ratings...

C-D-E-F are load ratings and the air pressure goes up with each rating....

Many trailers came with D rated 15's......65lbs air pressure...and you could air them up to 5 lbs over as per a tech bulletin from Goodyear regarding Marathons to run 65-70 mph.

I did that and my Marathons lasted pretty well....never blew one out but eventually were in bad shape

I replaced them with the Endurance tires and they have been good......Really not a lot of use the last couple years though.....sit more than they roll....

Should get used up this year hopefully......

I carry 2 brand new spares.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These are inflated 95 psi if you have a heavy enough load. A long haul trucker who also drag races, turned a few of us onto them. They're not made in china.

According to this man, the tire if inflated correctly (any trailer tire) , is according to weight. He also said these are good for 80,000 miles, if ran correctly. He claimed these are by far the best trailer tires you can buy, with the least rolling resistance.

Cooper tire subsidiary

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
they are made in Thailand and are junk but perfect for you who don't trailer, don't race.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
they are made in Thailand and are junk but perfect for you who don't trailer, don't race.

I wouldn't trade my truck, trailer or Nova, for none of the junk you got. Bet that. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
your truck, trailer and Nova is worth less than one of my engines and ain't worth the discussion! Spitting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
your truck, trailer and Nova is worth less than one of my engines and ain't worth the discussion!

That's because you pay someone like me with the know how, big money to build your engines. So why would I trade your over inflated junk, for my junk I built? I wouldn't.

Your truck is china junk. Smile