DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier #18260 [32x14.5x15w]
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier #18260 [32x14.5x15w]
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Anyone running this tire?
Hoosier #18260 [32x14.5x15w]

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I ran that tire for a L O N G time on my S/G Roadster. Really great tire lasted a long time, worked on the worst surface, summer or winter. I only changed to a larger (circumference) tire, 102 to 105 to reduce the RPM at the stripe.

Bob

Posts: 3074 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I ran it for years on my Altered and then I went to the MT 3074 and much better results. My 60 foot times are better and the MT tires work in wider temperature range. At Crandall in Summer there were times where the Hoosiers were pulling up lots of rubber on big end and slippery when track temp was way up there. It had rolls of rubber all over tires after a run. The MT tires do not do that. Also when temps were cool the MT tires will hook at much cooler temps.
My altered was rather light and the Hoosier tires shook terrible and broke a lot of stuff. no problem with the MT tires.
The Hoosier tires lasted pretty good and I got s good price on them but will not run them again unless they change something.
Heavier door car may be different?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Note, I also tried the 13.5W and a Co7 compound and results was not any better. Both of the "W" tires were D05 compound.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I'm on my fourth set of #260s. I buy them off the truck at Divisionals I got a pair I bought just before Rona hit.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I run the 13.5 W tire and my door car and love it. Not that I win a lot but it’s not the cars fault.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Very popular tire though that’s a lot of tire and needless weight to carry for your combo. I suggest the smaller 31.5/12.5W which is what friend runs on his 8 second S10.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed, Thanks, also my thought. I will look closely at that tire.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
I run the 31.5/12.5 that Ed mentioned. Love this tire on my malibu.

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think that either brand of the 32x 14 /14.5 or what Ed said will work equally as well to start. If you’re geared 1/8 mile I’d choose the taller tire.

Posts: 2439 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
If you like a stiff sidewall tire the new 18372 is great tire, tested them for two seasons and now there on the market. They were designed for no prep racing.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Barney, no prep is not my style. We are bracket racing on a good, well-prepped track.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Barney, no prep is not my style. We are bracket racing on a good, well-prepped track.

Understand, I’m saying that’s what it was originally designed for but I ran it on my s/st car and I also bracket race and it’s a great tire. Likes air pressure anywhere from 8 to 12 lbs. depending on you vehicle’s weight and HP

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post