DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Eye candy, not for the faint of heart.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eye candy, not for the faint of heart.....
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
I was looking at anywhere from 4 to 30+ weeks for a new crank....Then Bob at MadCap told me he had one.....Winberg, counterweights cut for 7" rods, which is the length I run, 5" stroke sitting on the shelf....evidently someone ordered it and never picked it up....well, it's mine now.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I was looking at anywhere from 4 to 30+ weeks for a new crank....Then Bob at MadCap told me he had one.....Winberg, counterweights cut for 7" rods, which is the length I run, 5" stroke sitting on the shelf....evidently someone ordered it and never picked it up....well, it's mine now.....

Nice. So that is what a 5 inch stroke crankshaft looks like. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Really great finish detail....
Top Shelf for sure

Posts: 227 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Really nice looking crankshaft.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Replied Curly

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
That is pretty. Who scratched it dammit? I know that wasn't cheap.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I run a Winberg billet in mine, very nice piece indeed

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Giggity!

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1644 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Junk Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BMF crank

I bought a Lunati Pro crankshaft for my sbc back in the middle 2000's, had a lot of similar finish
work done on it.

World of Outlaws sprint car crankshaft.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Donkey! (Haul n azz stuff)

VERY NICE equipment! Had to get it while ya could! Nicely done!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
yeah, it stung......but it's one less thing to worry about going back together with my stuff.

Mark Goulette