DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer fire extinguisher
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer fire extinguisher
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Does anyone have any good fire extinguishers for a trailer? Ideally I would love a ceiling mounted unit that has an automatic head, but they are more than likely out of my price range. I fully understand it is cheap insurance but currently I am not willing to spend 700+ one a unit like that. I know a trailer fire once started is extremely hard to combat with a trailer mounted handheld unit but I would like to have something in the trailer for when the car is outside, if a float sticks and methanol ignites is my main fear. I would like something like a CO2 unit or something that wouldn’t ruin my race day or my engine if it needed to be used. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations on one?

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
With methanol you can put it out with water.
I have extinguishers everywhere! i have dry powder hanging in the trailer at each door. I have some of those aerosol can deals from WM on the scooter and with the tools. Extinguisher in the car and the tow pickup. A couple of those Fireade aerosols would be good too. I called Fireade and they don't make anything in an extinguisher for the trailer or car.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
exide fire ball

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Just had a fire in the trailer with the car in it. Could not get to the ext by the door, but had one just outside next to the compressor. Could have been ugly. Trailer is only 8 feet from the house, 10 gallons of 116, 3 full nitrous bottles, , Burn time was about 30 seconds but it was quick to ignite. And dry powder, what a messs to clean up.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
For one of the best ways to fight fire in a trailer...FireAde Automatic trailer system is hands down the best and nicest system I’ve seen! Can be viewed at Mags Fab Worx or Leaf Spring Nations online store.

40lb FireAde Automatic Trailer System. Comes with 4 (10 lb Alum Bottles), 8 Push Lock Nozzles, 6 Push Lock Tees, 2 Automatic Thermal Blocks (199 deg), steel brackets and 100 ft of aluminum line. Options available upon requests. Good up to 34 ft tag trailer.

Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
Auto Meter Authorized Dealer
CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack
399 inches of Horse Power Sales Power
1.031, 2.978, 4.640 at 147.47

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That fireade system is definitely an awesome setup but at 2000$ I just can’t justify it right now sadly, I’m still trying to figure out what the fireball is all about, I will try to find some videos on it

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
Just click on the link I posted or look it up on you tube. Its a very cost effective and efficient way to fight fires without even being there. heres another video about them

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Fireade will sell the chemical. What you have to do is find a water extinguisher which are large extinguishers full of water and pressurized with compressed air. You can fill it yourself and pressurize it with an air hose.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Won’t do any good when your not in the trailer but you can buy fireaid concentrate and mix it in a can https://www.thefirestore.com/m...-Water-Extinguisher/ and can put lots of fire out and it’s alcohol resistant foam.

As far as the fireball thing goes, I’ve seen demos on real car fires and I wasn’t impressed, unfortunately the fire service is full of gimmicky BS. Probably better than nothing as it may work but I would still take a manual extinguisher...in the fire service world I would consider that a p**syball Smile

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NEMO963:
Won’t do any good when your not in the trailer but you can buy fireaid concentrate and mix it in a can https://www.thefirestore.com/m...-Water-Extinguisher/ and can put lots of fire out and it’s alcohol resistant foam.

As far as the fireball thing goes, I’ve seen demos on real car fires and I wasn’t impressed, unfortunately the fire service is full of gimmicky BS. Probably better than nothing as it may work but I would still take a manual extinguisher...in the fire service world I would consider that a p**syball Smile

The Mags Fab Worx FireAde system is automatic...uses thermal switches to trigger 4 10lb bottles!

Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
Auto Meter Authorized Dealer
CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack
399 inches of Horse Power Sales Power
1.031, 2.978, 4.640 at 147.47

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post