DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Coming down to the wire.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coming down to the wire.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted
I`ve taken 5 years off from racing to get my business going. Business is booming so it`s time to go racing. I had to update the EFI system to a Holley Dominator. Precision Chassis wired the EFI system and did a couple of updates. I had the lithium battery moved to the passenger side of the interior, removable trans cross member and modified the pro jacks. I replaced the chute and added a new shifter. I also replace the master cylinder since it was 30 years old. New Hoosiers and the car was delivered to TNT performance today for programming of the new Holley System

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 434 olds,

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Finally got Pictures to post.

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike at TNT is a good man!

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Nice dog…..that’s the before pic from when it was sitting???? Lots of loose wires.

Holley ECU and V6-300 firmware are excellent imho. Should be fun when finished.

Did you purchase a Holley digital dash with the ECU upgrade? If you didn’t you should consider this upgrade, and I recommend a ProDash. Money well spent.

About 70% of the original Holley harness was removed. The pics i posted is all that i`m using. I do have a digital dash that will be installed.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:
Mike at TNT is a good man!

The best out there.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^Holley Dominator does it all and digital dash is an excellent addition. Nice upgrade!

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Looks good now get it to Numidia

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Methanol still?

I'd recommend installing the laptop connection cable one time and ty-wrap the ECU end in permanently and allow enough of the other end to dangle/connect to your laptop. That blue USB connector is easy to damage.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Looks good now get it to Numidia

Yep, looking to do a couple of big money races.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
Looks good. Methanol still?

I'd recommend installing the laptop connection cable one time and ty-wrap the ECU end in permanently and allow enough of the other end to dangle/connect to your laptop. That blue USB connector is easy to damage.

Yeah, i saw the blue USB connector. I`ll look into it. Yes, it`s going to be tuned on alcohol.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Got the 150 this weekend

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:

Yeah, i saw the blue USB connector. I`ll look into it.

I agree with Greg K and use the Holley usb cable that is permanently attached to my ECU. This screw in Holley USB cable has a 2” long ridged end that sticks up out of the ECU.

My opinion of your ECU location mounting, is that it puts this usb cable end in harms way. These usb ports are easily damaged and not repaired by Holley. You end up with a $2500 brick if only 2 known individuals that do fix these are not able to repair.

You would be wise to purchase this $20 aftermarket Holley ECU usb cable protector as a possible safeguard. Good video from Motion Raceworks that sell these.

Dominator Cable Saver

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post