DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Master cylinder for dual caliper brakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Master cylinder for dual caliper brakes
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Putting dual caliper brakes on my new dragster...
I'm thinking of using a tandem master cylinder and plumbing the forward calipers to one port and the rear calipers to the other port...
Kinda having 2 individual brake systems...I understand there's only one master cylinder this way but....
Also I thinking of using a 7/8" bore MS...My pedal ratio is 6-1,,,,.the calipers are Strange B5002 and B5004 with 2 different puck sizes ....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'd use two separate ones....dual config can still fail...and generally valving is different from front to rear, because of how brakes are applied on a car....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
like mark said x2,and that is a lot of brakes on rwo wheels all at once.i had a friend who did that and it was easy to slide the wheels

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post