Find
Notify
Tools

csr water pumps
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
can someone get me in touch with the gentleman who rebuilds these motors? had a question about a special tool or someway to set all the brushes back so I can install it back on the motor? no way to hold all 4 and slide it over the armature!

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
green1 one here fixed mine.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
Not sure how Green does it (he fixed a couple for me also) but I have used a loop of string tied tight around each brush nest. Once you've got the the assembly started over the armature you cut the loops one by one and pull the string out.

PS, leave end of strings long enough to stay outside of the cover to aid in the removal...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike there are two different motors that are used. If you have one with flat brush plate then you push them all the way back in until they stick in place then pop them out with small Allen wrench or such through back of the brush holder after almost fully assembled. The other type I use single strand of wire through the small hole in brush holder to hold them in place till assembled then pull out, some people use paper clips.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post