New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hydraulic oil
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Wanna tighten my convertor up 2-300 rpm whats the John Deere everyone uses? Also heard amsoil synthetic compressor oil is a good one? This should help lock the convertor up sooner as I’m told Any info be appreciate..

Posts: 3 | Location: Wichita  | Registered: September 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
John Deere hygard regular viscosity is what your looking for. Results are mixed on this but give it a try.

Hutch

Posts: 24 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 3 | Location: Wichita  | Registered: September 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A lot I know use the 10 Wt Cat hydraulic oil with a little dextron, 1/2 quart or less so you can see it on the dipstick.

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
100-150 tighter than type f with 303 tractor hydraulic on my set up. Your results may vary.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks fo the input I’m running a castol synthetic..It was just under $5 a quart on sale so figured I’d try it..

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
I tried the Cat Hyd oil, and my car was all over the place. Went back to regular old Valvoline type F and it went back to being deadly.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Do you have to drain the converter or will hyd oil mix with the trans type F?

Posts: 42 | Location: East Coast | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have never tried it but one of our local builders who does allot of high HP transmissions swears by Amsoil synthetic compressor oils,for the ability to handle the high heat but also because it is available in 10,20,30 and 40wt to allow you to fine tune yor converter.

Posts: 2395 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post