New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hydraulic oil
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Wanna tighten my convertor up 2-300 rpm whats the John Deere everyone uses? Also heard amsoil synthetic compressor oil is a good one? This should help lock the convertor up sooner as I’m told Any info be appreciate..

Posts: 3 | Location: Wichita  | Registered: September 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
John Deere hygard regular viscosity is what your looking for. Results are mixed on this but give it a try.

Hutch

Posts: 12 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 3 | Location: Wichita  | Registered: September 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A lot I know use the 10 Wt Cat hydraulic oil with a little dextron, 1/2 quart or less so you can see it on the dipstick.

Posts: 224 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
100-150 tighter than type f with 303 tractor hydraulic on my set up. Your results may vary.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 291 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks fo the input I’m running a castol synthetic..It was just under $5 a quart on sale so figured I’d try it..

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
I tried the Cat Hyd oil, and my car was all over the place. Went back to regular old Valvoline type F and it went back to being deadly.

Posts: 111 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post