DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best coilover shocks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best coilover shocks
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What is the best "bang for your bucks" on coil overs have looked at JRI a friend just put some on his ride and was impressed had koni on my last car and they work great after Shane at Chassis Solutions worked them over so whats out there

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 396 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Afco buy your junk don’t need the best. Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have Dave's car.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave’s a douche and if you’d love to have his car, you’d give everything to have mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...N8w&feature=youtu.be

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The AFCOs on my car have been flawless, same set of shocks on the TD as were on the bracket car and have never had any issues or had to send them in. Would not hesitate in buying another set of AFCOs for any car

Posts: 2404 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I like AFCO shocks but I would call Shane at Competitive Suspension Solutions484-529-3501 and ask him what he recommends. I have not used him but I think probably best to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Typical clueless reply from this fucing idiot^^^ recommending a company he has no first hand experience with Didn't think of that

If I don’t need Shane’s service none here with a door car needs it!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tony sorry but vette is sold. Will be rebuilding Rick Butlers 67 Nova and sharing driving with him and his son next year. as far as mr. ego big head little dyke 1290-who cares-lol yes been looking at Afcos

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 396 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There’s nothing else to look at douche NahNahTounge

Meanwhile you contribute nothing here but hate and jealousy and should thank me for replying or you’d only have 2 replies answering your question so far Laughing very hard and of course they agree with me. Right

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Standard Afco DA's will get you in the 4's, maybe faster. I have a customer that runs mid 4's with a daily street driven stock wheel well radial thats on Afco's with external canisters. I may try a pair of JRI's on my Cobalt when I start spraying, but I'll talk to someone first.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Another they agrees NahNahTounge

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
Standard Afco DA's will get you in the 4's, maybe faster. I have a customer that runs mid 4's with a daily street driven stock wheel well radial thats on Afco's with external canisters. I may try a pair of JRI's on my Cobalt when I start spraying, but I'll talk to someone first.

Afco is a gas emulsion damper, that's a positive. There's lots of development ongoing, so obviously they have the capacity to operate with lots of different valving.

The difference between a high end damper like Ohlins or Penske is in the canister, there is a separating piston, not a gas bag, which is a higher technology design.

Piggy back LMP ohlins (separating piston design) is in line price wise with a tricked out Afco, have a look at those vetman.

Excellent.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard you continue to talk about shyt you think you know when in fact you’re clueless! No one here needs a “tricked out” Afco least of which is the douche that started this thread snd ohlin is far leading in drag shock technology.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Penski in both door cars.

Bob

Posts: 3074 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Penski in both door cars.

Bob

That's a high end damper same as Ohlins. Both will have a separating piston in the canister.

I'd be happy to take it apart to show the difference, if we can get AFCO owner to do the same.

I've tuned many of these through text messages and emails.

One member here shared the results, 7 timeslips, 3 thousandths difference in the 7 timeslips, 8 second short wheelbase car.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
What is the best "bang for your bucks" on coil overs have looked at JRI a friend just put some on his ride and was impressed had koni on my last car and they work great after Shane at Chassis Solutions worked them over so whats out there

Don't know what your combo is but AFCO's are a good shock, not the best but good. Shane has taken a job at Maple Grove so the word on the street is he isn't doing shocks anymore.

When you by a shock(s) from anyone you should provide them with the combo and where the shock is mounted to the rear end ( in front, on top or behind). The position can impact the valving required along with the spring rate!

Higher end shocks such as JRI Penske etc do pay off once you have enough power to take advantage of them vs AFCO's.

Posts: 2142 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
He doesn’t!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:

Higher end shocks such as JRI Penske etc do pay off once you have enough power to take advantage of them vs AFCO's.

So you can go 1.27 60ft with a n/a 23 degree sbc on a 10" tire 3200 lbs, when no one else can?

Hmmmm, that is interesting

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
He doesn’t!

Ed

I heard you guys were at the Fling! Pete puts on a great race. You board? LOL

BTW I keep seeing an Ignored Post by Mike Retread showing up on many posts,,, you know this guy? Wink

Posts: 2142 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re one of the few that actually use the ignore option, most here say they are doing it and never do, they live for the drama! Tip PC

We are at the Fling and no not bored. Nothing boring about watching Kyle and Donovan Williams racing, 3 times over the last 3 days and they’re both still in. Holy Moly