DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best coilover shocks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best coilover shocks
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Ed, I have been thoroughly enjoying the show Donovan and Kyle have been putting on when they race. Two very talented dudes that can definitely go either way and the numbers have been spectacular. Keep it up!

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nick and they are as Peter said last round.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got them both on ignore but I think they are secret lovers

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 403 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
How do the Strange DBL Adjustable compare now days? Just curious.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Got them both on ignore

Liar

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Strangly the Strange dont seem to live very long at least on cars I have followed in my area

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 403 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vetman:
.....Shane has taken a job at Maple Grove so the word on the street is he isn't doing shocks anymore.

Last 3 times that I have tried to have a phone call with Shane, he replied with "cant you text me, Im running a race track now".

I am not happy about that lack of customer service after dropping $1000 on rear shocks. I want to have my fronts re-valved, but will probably send them to Fast Shocks in Minnesota.

Clark

Posts: 123 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No victims only volunteers! You elected to believe the hype/marketing, the internet hearsay and the word of those that need to justify their decision and the money they spent that his shocks were magic when infact out of the box double adjustable Afco shocks is all you needed.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I have been studying the Viking Shocks. Herd a lot of positive information about them.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
junk compared to Afco

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clark:
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vetman:
.....Shane has taken a job at Maple Grove so the word on the street is he isn't doing shocks anymore.

Last 3 times that I have tried to have a phone call with Shane, he replied with "cant you text me, Im running a race track now".

I am not happy about that lack of customer service after dropping $1000 on rear shocks. I want to have my fronts re-valved, but will probably send them to Fast Shocks in Minnesota.

Clark

We talking about shane at competitive suspension solutions?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
JRi mono-shock on the dragster, far better than the best AFCO could offer. At least for this chassis.
Going to put AFCO on the front of the S10 when I change to the TRZ control arms after the winning is done this season.
BTW, vetman's Corvette has turned on more win lights than your two cars combined, just a fact, nothing more. Plus it was 100% home-built not ordered, same for his engines. I have raced with and against vetman since about 1978-ish.
Name calling and insults gets nobody anywhere- ever.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
JRi mono-shock on the dragster, far better than the best AFCO could offer. At least for this chassis.
Going to put AFCO on the front of the S10 when I change to the TRZ control arms after the winning is done this season.
BTW, vetman's Corvette has turned on more win lights than your two cars combined, just a fact, nothing more. Plus it was 100% home-built not ordered, same for his engines. I have raced with and against vetman since about 1978-ish.
Jok

Without a doubt, JRI's shocks are far better than AFCO and their price tag too! One thing that most just don't understand about mono shock setups, they are all different from builder to builder. The required shock valving is directly related to the ratio of movement of the shock vs the rear end! If the builder or racer does not give this info to the shock vendor you may not get what you need. If the shock vendor doesn't ask -- get another vendor.

About 4 or so years ago JRI approach my chassis builder (Dan Page) and asked him about becoming a dealer and that they were looking to get more into the sportsman market. The rep said he would give Dan a set of shocks for testing and if he liked them he would sell them at a great price. Dan gave me the shocks to try, within two weeks I had an invoice mailed to me from JRI with a large price tag/full price. I call the rep and he said he would take care of that since we were still testing. A week later another invoice! So I called JRI, long story short, pay the price or send them back - I sent the shocks back and purchased a set of Penske's that were about 50% of the price and performed exactly the same as the JRI's. I also later found out that rep was let go... Unless JRI has become more competitive with their pricing,,, I would never recommend them unless you wanted a lighter wallet. Good shocks though.

My old shocks were AFCO which worked but without a doubt the JRI's and Penske's were much better. The faster/more power your combo has the more performance gains you will see going to a better shock.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jok

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jok

LOL, I approve of your post not that it was needed! I have no reason to doubt your facts.

I know a few have commented on how nice Vetman's Corvette was & seems it turned on the win lights also! I'll have to ping Vetman about some details & pictures.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2520 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks for the kind words on the old vette guys. Didnt turn on very many this weekend though -3 sat. and 4 on sunday but oh well it was a nice day and Jok ended up winning on Sunday I still got a chance yet 1 more race this year-the 777 at Cordova. new ride will get afcos asw they make one that fits right on old art morrison front end on new to me ride

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been studying the Viking Shocks. Herd a lot of positive information about them.

I have put Viking double adjustable's on both cars and am very happy with the decision.
I understand some cars may require better shocks but mine sure don't.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
*Best coilover shocks*?

It's not a subjective (opinion) matter.

It's determined by which win the most Super Pro bracket races per entry.

I'm positive Ohlins and Penske lead that list.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post