DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best coilover shocks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best coilover shocks
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
https://quartermax.com/triple-...able-inerter-shocks/

60 inches a second (shaft movement) pro mod dampers. Formula One racing technology.

Consider that, the shaft moving a total of 60 inches in one second or less.

A pro mod can make it down the track with a total 46" of shaft movement in the main body, in one second.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should have titled this thread Best shocks without refing the house-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 404 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
10 years or so ago there was a couple big funded Pro Stock teams that were apparently using $40K a piece shocks with some sort of electromagnetic fluid. NHRA outlawed them is what I heard.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
IMO the application warrants what shock you need. Small tire radial requires some badazz valving compared to your run of the mill suspended dragster.

shocks will bandaid, they aren't going to fix an overall poor setup/combination to start.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ageed on the bandaid just looking for input on what others have found on different brands of shocks. Am converting leaf spring car to coilovers

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 404 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
an unpopular choice....Always had good results with QA1.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
also junk compared to Afco

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
also junk compared to Afco

only junk if you run hoosier :P

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These are bad to the bone, and a cheap won't break the bank high end, high technology damper.

Big main piston, real canister - separating piston.

Monotube LMP Ohlins

I've helped tune several fast doorslammers with these. They're killer.

I used to get people in them for around $1300, if memory serves me.

Available 6", 7" or even 8" stroke.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
*Best coilover shocks*?

It's not a subjective (opinion) matter.

It's determined by which win the most Super Pro bracket races per entry.

I'm positive Ohlins, and Penske lead that list.

Just for the sake of discussion, wouldn't some other factors also be relevant in determining the most wins per entry? Like Driver skill, paired competitor's capabilities, car build, luck, etc?
I'm thinking you could put Ohlin's, Penske's, or Afco's on Ivan No-Drivin's brand new 80K chassis, and a worn pair of Monroe-matic's on a multi-time Division champion's ride, and run them head to head 10x straight, and old Ivan may not win a round...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
*Best coilover shocks*?

It's not a subjective (opinion) matter.

It's determined by which win the most Super Pro bracket races per entry.

I'm positive Ohlins, and Penske lead that list.

Just for the sake of discussion, wouldn't some other factors also be relevant in determining the most wins per entry? Like Driver skill, paired competitor's capabilities, car build, luck, etc?
I'm thinking you could put Ohlin's, Penske's, or Afco's on Ivan No-Drivin's brand new 80K chassis, and a worn pair of Monroe-matic's on a multi-time Division champion's ride, and run them head to head 10x straight, and old Ivan may not win a round...

That's a hypothetical describing the opposite of the current reality.

DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
quote:

We talking about shane at competitive suspension solutions?

Yep. Now we know why. Drag Champ just reported that Competitive Suspension has sold to Dave Connolly and Jennifer Folk....

Posts: 123 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have friends that are running shocks on their dragsters built by Dave

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post