DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    bump down and any other momentary switch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bump down and any other momentary switch
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Looking at momentary switch buttons. One for dump down and cpl other uses such as oh shyt button I have that dumps chute while keeping boy=th hands on wheel,Hey its a FED and been told takes two hands to drive. Plus I can set chute on auto timer.

What are you using for bump down buttons? The same mushroom as trans brake?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
I think if you use the same button as the transbrake it would register as a "flinch" and restart the timer. You need a separate button for bump down.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
What are you using for bump down buttons? The same mushroom as trans brake?

Yup on top of butterfly wheel...typically see me banging the chit out of it till the car leaves...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea I meant same style.

Chris That funny right there I don't care who you are.

Now are married men faster at hitting bump down than single guys? Sorry just a image joke.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
One racer at our home track has bump down button on wheel like yours. He does same thing beats on it until car launches. Ask him what he is doing he says playing whack a mole.

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
The big red mushroom is what I would go with, bigger face to hit just in case you miss it by a little you still have a good chance of actually hitting it.

No joke Chris, I hit my bump down 11 times last year in October at one of our local halloween races and managed to be .013 still. Completely luck, but glad I had it!

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I need a bump down for no-box racing. I know I'm late when I let go. I'd put it right on top of the steering wheel because I'm hitting there anyway. Button better be good quality. I already broke one steering wheel.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1390 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:
I need a bump down for no-box racing. I know I'm late when I let go. I'd put it right on top of the steering wheel because I'm hitting there anyway. Button better be good quality. I already broke one steering wheel.

Yea I can get mad at other but not near as mad as I do at myself.They think its good thing. LOL