DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MT 3084s replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MT 3084s replacement
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Kelly smith
posted
Being it appears as though MT can't assure me they will consistently produce this tire, what is an acceptable replacement.
2100# 4.90-5.00 roadster
4.30 gear
Prefer 104" rollout or less
15"beadlocks

Posts: 15 | Location: Mi | Registered: July 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Somehow I just knew when Goodyear bought them out that things were going to change and not necessarily for the better.

I ran that tire on my dragster but finally moved to 16 inch bead-lock wheels and a Hoosier CO-7 compound tire. Been very happy with this change.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
I went to the hoosier 18235 when I quit running m/t. If you look at the specs very close. My door car loves them and they dont leak air like my m/t

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Great tire, quicker, faster and holds air! empty junk can’t compare nor compete

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When I couldn’t get the 3084s I went to the Hoosier 18600. Works for me.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m sure also a great tire and for the reasons I’ve already stated.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Kelly smith
posted Hide Post
18400 is what had been recommended for a replacement.

Posts: 15 | Location: Mi | Registered: July 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been using the 3084S on a suspended dragster for a few years now, but prior to that I used both the 18400 and 18450 CO7 compound with very good results. I believe the 18450 with a stiff sidewall is the closer equivalent.

Posts: 27 | Location: Pen Argyl, PA | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
D1672 goodyears are awesome on my car.

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post