DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak help.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak help.....
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
OK, hopefully this works from my laptop....

This transition to the grid has sure been easy for an old guy with the tips provided by Markemark!

Two small issues to clear up and I can stuff the car back in the box for more testing on friday....

1. Shifting by rpm......I am using ONLY the yellow wire for the tach light as Markemark suggested. With only two runs so far, the shift seems to be consistent, although it is around 130 rpm off the setpoint. That is easy enough to fix, just wanting to confirm that I only need to use the yellow tach light wire going to the shifter if I plan on always using rpm to shift?

2. Safety start rpm......the default setting of 6k rpm is exactly where I launch the car. On both runs so far, the data shows the engine getting to 6k immediately, and flat lining right there until launch. Should I bump the factory default up 500 rpm to be safe?

Thanks.....Smile

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Still have a lot to learn on the racepak end of things, and it is actually fun figuring it out.

One portion or the racepak that I have already mastered is making my rear shock travel sensors into matching letter J's. Big Grin

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post