DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak help.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak help.....
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted
Just finished up putting a 7720/7730 and a V300 setup in my car and got it fired up this afternoon. Thought I had the record feature set up to start recording at 3000rpm just to get familiar with downloading the data and setting up graphs, etc., but I did not get any recording. After reading through the "Tips" section on page #11, which was a BIG help getting to this point, I still do not know what I did wrong?

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Click on send configuration, then ok (message log) and Ok at the bottom right.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
That step was already done, and checked before firing the car up. Let the car warm up a bit, checked for leaks, and blipped it to a tad over 4000 twice to activate the data recorder.......nothing.

This was all done right outside my shop door. Do the RPM's have to be above the setpoint for a certain time to trigger it?

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes, set it 2000 or 2500 rpm, hold it there a second or two, it should start logging.

Depending what you have it could be it has a blinking light, tells you it's logging.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
I have the IQ3 dash with the V300SD logger.

This was the first start with re-jetted carbs and the switch to Q16, so I was not sure where it was going to idle, that is why I set it at 3000 for the start record point.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Set it at whatever rpm you can hold it a second or two. I think it's called a intensity trigger, not using a push button there can be a slight lag.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
In the picture from your original post, the “Start Record Channel“ is still set to the “Record Button”. You need to change that to “Engine RPM”.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post

Posts: 61 | Location: MN | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:
In the picture from your original post, the “Start Record Channel“ is still set to the “Record Button”. You need to change that to “Engine RPM”.

What he said. just above the "start recording when value goes above" line it is still set for a button. That should read X200 for doing it by RPM> You need to read the configuration of the car again, then make the changes and send the new configuration to the racepak.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 988 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As mentioned above, the channel needs to be RPM X200. You do have to scroll upwards to find it.

Additionally, another trick to force recordings is to change the trigger channel to volts and exceeds to 10. This will make it start recording as soon as powered up.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Racepak: I was trying to download last night from my V300, and it doesn't recognize any of the ports that I am plugged into. It chimes, and I can see which port chimed. But when I scan ports or try to download using that port, it doesn't see it. I'm trying to figure out what I did here.
More to the story: I was using a wireless usb signal producer to download without a cord from the trailer. But I could never get the wireless unit to communicate with the fuel injection ECU. It was an expensive luxury to wirelessly download Racepak when I have to hook up with a wire for the ECU anyhow. So I sent that unit back and hooked up with the wire. man I can't remember changing anything that would prevent this download.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6391 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:

Figured it out in a few minutes this morning. Amazing what you can do after a good nights sleep. lol

I am new to racepak and still learning how they do things. First trial run today had everything working except for one rear shock sensor......termination cap was not fully latched in place.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Almost have this thing track ready, but still have a thing or two to figure out...

How does the racepak get the info on what gear you are in? It always shows "0" for gear...

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:
Almost have this thing track ready, but still have a thing or two to figure out...

How does the racepak get the info on what gear you are in? It always shows "0" for gear...

Is this on a IQ3 dash?

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:

Yes...
Is this on a IQ3 dash?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest you disable the large center digit.

Road racing guys use it for gear and it's a calculation based on RPM drops. If you want to experiment the calculations and your RPM targets are on the Gear Calculation tab (once you right click on IQ3 Display).

Also, don't try to put anything like volts or pan vac in that item - it's only one digit and will just end up confusing you. As mentioned above, disable it.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
I'd suggest you disable the large center digit.

Road racing guys use it for gear and it's a calculation based on RPM drops. If you want to experiment the calculations and your RPM targets are on the Gear Calculation tab (once you right click on IQ3 Display).

Also, don't try to put anything like volts or pan vac in that item - it's only one digit and will just end up confusing you. As mentioned above, disable it.

Best option right there!

Thank you.....

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
OK, after getting a little bit of track time as a first time user of the 7720/7730 and racepak, we are pretty happy with the results. I did forget to save the DS rpm settings I guess, because it showed maxed out at 15k DS speed.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Had a much longer post, no idea where the rest of it went? Anyhow, thanks to Todd Paton the DS rpm deal is fixed, and he even fixed the data from the two runs already made! What a good dude that guy is.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Arg!