DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Troubleshooting Line Lock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Troubleshooting Line Lock
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Had a TCI linelock for years, recently it seemed like it was leaking as it would hold momentarily and then when I started the burnout it wouldn't hold. Got a new one and I can hear it click when I push the button but it does not hold the front brakes at all. Is there any field test that I can do to see if it is bad?

Posts: 321 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: October 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
When I had trouble with my Hurst I jacked the car up and activated the LL and tried to turn the wheel. It would slowly release on it's own even with the switch on. Mine was rebuildable and I caused the problem using teflon tape on the threads of the fittings that screw into the LL.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted August 20, 2020 08:35 PM
Had a TCI linelock for years, recently it seemed like it was leaking as it would hold momentarily and then when I started the burnout it wouldn't hold. Got a new one and I can hear it click when I push the button but it does not hold the front brakes at all. Is there any field test that I can do to see if it is bad?

is it installed in the right flow direction

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1412 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post