DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    How hard y’all run your 434s???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hard y’all run your 434s???
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
This is a TRE piece with their Profiler 23* heads...N2O motor. Suppose to have made 757hp. I have not seen the dyno sheet so I need acstarting point. This is a new piece, borrowed, and going in my 1600lb dragster. TRE said 6500 stall and 7800 shift????

Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
Auto Meter Authorized Dealer
CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack
399 inches of Horse Power Sales Power
1.031, 2.978, 4.640 at 147.47

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If they built it I expect they would know it's safe limits. In the end you are looking at a 4inch stroke. Thinking standard deck with 6 inch or maybe a 5.85 rod to get a better ring stack for the nos, I wouldn't worry about 7800rpm.

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
23 degree? Weren't you running a different head style in the past?
Fella on the Bullet built a 440 that he posted impressive results on Naturally Aspirated section. It was a one of and no saying that it would hold together....and not a n2o build.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Fella on the Bullet built a 440 that he posted impressive results on Naturally Aspirated section. It was a one of and no saying that it would hold together....and not a n2o build.

That was probably Bill Ceralli, aka Big Speed on here.

I wouldn't be afraid to to what TRE said. I have 6600 stall and shift just below 8000 in my 427. Little less stroke than yours, 6" rod. I'd have to look, but at least 1000 passes with this combo, freshened a few times.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike Beck could you tell me some of the specs of your motor? I'm wanting to build one a lot like that. I'm wanting 5.00s in a shorty 4 link dragster and everything I have is small block stuff.

Posts: 31 | Location: arkansas | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have a 454 SBC and it shift at 7600 but have twisted it 8400 when transmission broke.
Run good components and 8000 is no problem.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3976 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s borrowed! New bullet got delayed.

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 66belair:
Hey Mike Beck could you tell me some of the specs of your motor? I'm wanting to build one a lot like that. I'm wanting 5.00s in a shorty 4 link dragster and everything I have is small block stuff.

Here's what I remember off the top of my head...

Dart Little M, Callies Dragonslayer crank, 3.85 stroke, 6" Oliver Speedway rods, Diamond Pistons, All Pro 23* AP227 casting? It is a raised-runner casting which I bought bare and had ported. Same casting that is used to make the RR245's. T&D shafts with 1.7 rockers. These heads need a shaft system and custom pistons, which Diamond has a stocking part # for. They normally don't keep them on the shelf, but easy enough to order. Stefs aluminum pan, nothing really special, 7 quarts.

I have a ported Brodix intake, I think it is a HV1002. 4500 series flange, was not designed for a raised-runner head but I already owned it and it is setup for EFI so I used it again. I have to modify an intake gasket to make them fit, but with a Dremel tool, very easy to do.

Cam is from LSM and spec'd by this forums favorite antagonist......... Wink

It makes power to 8200. Old cam made power to at least 8500 rpm, but never had any intention of spinning it like that every pass and to foot brake the old one anywhere between 2500 and 3000 was near impossible! This cam is perfect. Smile I changed to a taller rear tire to keep the trap rpm at 8000 or lower on full-out passes. I usually run a restrictor plate and run 10.00 with it at 7800 in the traps.

Full out: 9.4x @ 145 in good Joisey air! Smile Yes, we are at sea-level. Car is 3200lbs with me in it.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
My 4" stroke 427 has been spun 8000 and no issues, Eagle crank and Lunati Pro Mod rods. My 4.25 stroke has seen 8000, but with a billet crank and rods. I would't worry about 7800.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Any of y'all seen the bottom of a SBF? Chincy main webbing.

Back when I was more into the nitrous stuff with friends, we ran 4.8x at 3200 lb Mustang on a 4.100 stroke (418") windsor, 9400 through the traps every pass-never a lower end problem. Piston problems were another issue but that was faulted by poor tuning.

I would not worry with 7800 as long as it's built pretty well.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Hoping to see the Dyno sheet tomorrow. The owner and TRE say spin it 8000. This is a TRE motor...if you know anything about them, they have front runners in about every radial tire class so they know what's up. rumor has it this motor made 757 hp on TRE 's dyno and that's with a NOS cam and chamber...I question that out of Profiler 23* heads though. Time ticket will tell... I got it up and running today...sure doesn't rev like my 399" 15* motor....but sounded good doing a burnout up the driveway.

Thanks for the replys...Ill keep you posted.

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
Shift mine at 7400 and make around the same power.
Mine is a stockblock though and I'm limited with my cam.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well well...first pass, remember..I’ve never seen the dyno sheet, launch at 5000, shift at 7600...looking at the data: converter flashes 6800, fall back was 7000, and went through at 7600...to run 4.84 at 143. The AFR showed 15.5 and 14.1...I through .005 jet to it all the way around and upped the launch to 5600 (my old set up) and went up for round one. It picked up .04 in 60...I started riding brakes at 400’...killed 7-8mph to be 4.82 on the 84. Weather station said it was slowing down .02...my math said it was going 4.77!!! AFR is still lean for Q16...gonna throw a couple more jets at it and back the timing off 1*...I’m at 35-36 now.

I’m in shock that this 23* motor is going to run what my 15* deal did...it’s only 36” bigger and not enough head. For real?!?!? And this is a NOs motor...can’t wait to turn the bottle on Thursday...she came with a 32/26 jet...

As far as I can tell...shifting at 7700...she shows no signs of nosing over...gonna buzz it on up!!!

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wow! Those are some numbers out of a 23 degree motor! What does that car weigh total? I have seen some 5.0's on my 406 @ 1750. 7.90's quarter. I tend not to remember my 1/8th mile times. Just don't do much of it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow! Those are some numbers out of a 23 degree motor! What does that car weigh total? I have seen some 5.0's on my 406 @ 1750. 7.90's quarter. I tend not to remember my 1/8th mile times. Just don't do much of it.

The car will make any motor builder look like a hero!!! Lol 1625 with me...

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OhiomafiaWireGuy:
quote:

The car will make any motor builder look like a hero!!! Lol 1625 with me...

4.77 is still moving at that weight with a 23 degree combo. Pretty great! Time to spray it! Smile

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So it's an old comp car? I assume you are 160-200lbs.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
So it's an old comp car? I assume you are 160-200lbs.

Yep...Harry Clack car...Bo Nickens drove this back in 2002. Yea, I’m 165

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
1460 is really light for a 245 inch car. My 225 inch front engine dragster is 1555 but I built it to bracket race and so it has radiator, fan, water pump, data logger, electric primer system, fairly large fuel tank, big battery and vacuum pump. One thing you may be blowing through converter when you spray it?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3976 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
1460 is really light for a 245 inch car. My 225 inch front engine dragster is 1555 but I built it to bracket race and so it has radiator, fan, water pump, data logger, electric primer system, fairly large fuel tank, big battery and vacuum pump. One thing you may be blowing through converter when you spray it?

This is also a bracket car...front mounted radiator, 33lb battery, NOS bottle, wheelie bar...yada yada! Car can go as light as 1400 with me!

With the old motor I can go 4.30’ on my “motor converter” butbits not happy. I can run a 4.50 index deal and it’s good...real good! I’ll change the converter Thursday to “interview” this motor some more!!!

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack