DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    How to post pictures on here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to post pictures on here?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
How?

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
will i am not an expert for sure but when i did post before had to put pics on photo bucket or other and then share to here

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1389 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Gotta get permission from ED first....LOL Laughing Hard

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Can’t use photobucket anymore, I’ve been using imgur

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sign up for imgur . Post your picture to your imgur account and then copy the BBCode link for your picture to post to DRR.

Posts: 2429 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I use Flickr. Works good, just open your picture on their website, click the Share button, copy the link for BB Code, than switch to your post on here, click the photo icon at the top, it opens a dialog box, then paste your link into the space for the photo URL.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
any photo that is posted anywhere on a website, facebook, fox news, google images on your g profile which actually works real well (google photos on drive), etc.

You just right click the image and copy img url and paste it to show up in your post by pasting the img url in the little mountain scene box at the top of the post box where the emojis are.

like this

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dear Moderator, How many times do posters have to beg for the necessary steps to negotiate the maze of posting a picture? Why not put a "sticky note" up for all to see?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2323 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 433red
posted Hide Post
Dear moderator (2X), why can't a function within the dialog box offer a simple "attach" option that allows you to simply select an image or other item onto your post?

Posts: 102 | Location: Ga | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
test
https://www.facebook.com/photo...ype=3&size=960%2C704

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1389 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They also have a test thread on DRR HERE to try things out.

Posts: 2429 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
sorry Smile

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 433red:
Dear moderator (2X), why can't a function within the dialog box offer a simple "attach" option that allows you to simply select an image or other item onto your post?

I remember this question being answered way back, like maybe 15 years ago. If you provide a URL, (the way it is set up now), that image is stored on another website's server, so it is not taking up space on the DRR server. Or something to that effect...

Dan "Jim" Moore

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CollectorTethers.com:
any photo that is posted anywhere on a website, facebook, fox news, google images on your g profile which actually works real well (google photos on drive), etc.

You just right click the image and copy img url and paste it to show up in your post by pasting the img url in the little mountain scene box at the top of the post box where the emojis are.
like this

Hey C.T., that is a great shortcut! Not worthy
I just used it to post a pic on a different thread. Much easier and faster than uploading a pic on a 3rd party site, then grabbing the link to put on here. Thanks!

Dan "Jim" Moore

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Jim - you're welcome and correct.

Believe it or not the most "bandwidth" is taken up by every time an image is shown no matter where it is hosted. The cost is why photo bucket did away with images showing on other sites. Basically no revenue from it.

Even with the amount of support from companies we have on DRR we can't afford to let images uploaded to Bracket Talk. The company that provides the platform is not cheap and charges for images uploaded.

You can load them to your racer profile also HERE if you have one set up with us. It's pretty simple and works well if you just want to show a photo of your car in your profile like some do. I ask that you don't just upload random photos as they show on the main page for Racer Profiles.

Thanks,
SL...

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
jesej belt drive cover

here is my attempt ..lol right clicked on image , copied the address then I pasted it in DRR url box ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: abitz,

Posts: 40 | Location: canada | Registered: December 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abitz:
jesej belt drive cover

here is my attempt ..lol right clicked on image , copied the address then I pasted it in DRR url box ...

You need to post it in the box that looks like a mountain.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
[IMG]Jesel belt cover https://imgur.com/gallery/GrsWT[/IMG]

Lol, I screwed it up too,but fixed it(see below, I hope).

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Cool

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
[IMG]Jesel belt cover https://imgur.com/gallery/GrsWT[/IMG]

Lol, I screwed it up too,but fixed it(see below, I hope).

lol... I think that what i did

Posts: 40 | Location: canada | Registered: December 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post