DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone else using the Edelbrock #2892
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else using the Edelbrock #2892
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
On their 5 second all steel factory condition Super Pro bracket racing 23 degree sbc muscle car?

Good mph too at 3200 lbs.

Edelbrock part #2892 Super Victor II.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you're going to post a picture of the intake, you should post a picture of the timeslip in the last year.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
If you're going to post a picture of the intake, you should post a picture of the timeslip in the last year.

Records are meant to be broken.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

388cu, across the scales at Galot was 2846#

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
6.43 in the 1/8? lol.

At least MarkeMark is showing a car on the track this decade.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly, I ran quicker and faster than that with a real muscle car, all steel, full factory interior, power steering, power brakes, horn, heater, wipers, yada, yada, yada at least 15 years ago, weighing 3900 lbs. with cast iron heads, a 4150 carb, running through a complete exhaust system and launched off the foot brake.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have one setting on the shelf collecting dust. We ran it for a few races on the 68 Camaro with a 434 with a 4150 carb. Didn't have time to dial it in, but it ran the same times as the Motown dominator intake we normally ran on the motor.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
6.43 in the 1/8? lol.

At least MarkeMark is showing a car on the track this decade.

Actually, he's showing you his 2892 intake, see it now?

6.40 or slower, this is the mph record, n/a 23 degree sbc. Nobody can touch it 3200 lbs muscle car.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
He had posted a timeslip that was recent. Did you miss it?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know, I agree, 6.40 or slower, you'd think someone would have raised the mph bar by now.

This is from 2017.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

I know, I agree, 6.40 or slower, you'd think someone would have raised the mph bar by now.

This is from 2017.

That could be because nobody gives a sh.. about going 6.40"s anymore....

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Post of the day! clapping

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
5 second 23 degree sbc 3200 lb muscle car mph.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

This is from 2017.

That could be because nobody gives a sh.. about going 6.40"s anymore....

6.40's is the place to be if you have a factory condition muscle car you don't wanna cut up, back half, put plastic windows in or run bars for the cage, through the firewall. Plus you need no astronaut suit to get in and race.

Especially if it's a factory Super Sport with 19,000 miles showing on the odometer.

6.40 with the best 23 sbc mph on the planet, 6.40 or slower, is even a better place to be.

I might put the big Dominator carb 2892 intake back on and break my own mph record, just for chitz and giggles.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i run that intake on my SBC. My car isn't 3200 lbs though, it's 3400 lbs. I still run a 750cfm 4150 carb. 6.teens

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Creed:
i run that intake on my SBC. My car isn't 3200 lbs though, it's 3400 lbs. I still run a 750cfm 4150 carb. 6.teens

I believe it. It's possible with a lot of runs in good to excellent conditions.

I prefer the PKRE intake, BLP Dominator carb 2892 over the 4150 2892 BX-4 BLP carb I have on mine currently, for speed anyway. It's been best 114.50 mph.