posted Hide Post
Guessing game,
Tire discussion,
Over loaded trailer talk,
Then battery fires!!!

What a great time to be alive!
Merica!!!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Guessing game,
Tire discussion,
Over loaded trailer talk,
Then battery fires!!!

What a great time to be alive!
Merica!!!

Let's MAGA

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4458 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
For those interested…

7 days ago the empties were soaped, using 1/2 the bottle in each tire, mounted and then were aired to 10psi and strapped down in the trailer. Today the left tire is at 5psi and the right is at 2psi. The Hoosiers don’t typically lose more than 2psi sitting for 5 months in the off-season.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
4x4s and jack stands are now your best friend, those and your air compressor of course.

Without question the Bubba is a good smooth bracket and medium fast dragster tire, but just not worth the hassle with the leaking issue IMO

Posts: 2417 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
For those interested…

7 days ago the empties were soaped, using 1/2 the bottle in each tire, mounted and then were aired to 10psi and strapped down in the trailer. Today the left tire is at 5psi and the right is at 2psi. The Hoosiers don’t typically lose more than 2psi sitting for 5 months in the off-season.

It’s 50/50 if you’ll get a set that don’t leak. Current set lost 4# over the winter. Previous set would lose 3# over night. Both soaped with dawn in the same manner.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Empty clearly has no QC and never will as along as their customers accept this.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
And yet they were on 90% of the dragsters including the winning dragster at the big race in Las Vegas.

Maybe you should talk to them and get them straightened out. Or learn to use a compressor.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again you clueless idiot….tires don’t win races!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Then take them off and put your beloved Hoosiers on there and quit your complaining. I do not think your mindless babble about MT tires is going to change any of the 90% that ran them at the big race in Las Vegas but you certainly can tell them. We all run what ever tire, motor, ignition, gear and everything else that helps us win rounds. It is a combination of parts and driver that makes a car work good.

It is real simple even for stupid people, you make the decision if if it makes you win more rounds or if it is not worth the trouble.

And we do not care what tire you run but then we are all able to operate a compressor if we need to.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
If you do not like the MT tires on your car grow a set, stand up to your son and tell him to take them off. Do not complain to us about what tires he put on there.

Just be a man put your face right in his chest or belly button and tell him how it is going to be.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Another pair of empties went on the dragster yesterday Didn't think of that as well new brake pads and now I know why we ran .04 quicker, because the set we took off measured 110, this set measure 110 1/4” and the Hoosier C1550 measured 114 1/2”

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ediot if tires don’t win drag races then try taking them off

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12278 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Lucky you have / got them I guess. Word on the street is they're out

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Ed has complained and blasted everyone who runs MT tires for 15 years or more. Everyone knows Little Ed's opinion of MT tires and he literally gets pissed off at anyone who runs them. So why would his Son put them on the dragster?

a) His Son does not know Ed's opinion on MT tires. (Nobody can be that stupid)

b) He knows Ed's opinion and does not respect his opinion. (Possible he is bigger, smarter and better racer than little Ed could ever be)

c) His son thinks he is smarter than Ed and knows what is best. (pretty low bar there)

d) His son is the man of the house and will do as he wants and could care less about what Ed wants.

e) He put them on there to make Ed mad.

Maybe it is time Little Ed puts on his Big Girl Panties and tell his Son who has the Mangina in the house.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Another pair of empties went on the dragster yesterday Didn't think of that as well new brake pads and now I know why we ran .04 quicker, because the set we took off measured 110, this set measure 110 1/4” and the Hoosier C1550 measured 114 1/2”

That 114.5 on the c1550s marked on the tire when you get them is out of the mold and scares the crap out of people when they first get them. It is meaningless. Mine always measured 109-110 at 5 psi mounted

Posts: 2417 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Steve, I know. That said these empties are noticeably shorter competed to my C1550s.

Scott, I’ve got friends Wink

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
What is shorter competed?
Steve, I know. That said these empties are noticeably shorter competed to my C1550

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another pair of empties went on the dragster yesterday

I laughed at Kyle mounting them yesterday Razz

Wipe off the giant MT and knowbody would even know ...........

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly, Kyle soaping and mounting them, I’ll have nothing to do with this junk tire that loses up to 9 psi in 6 days and more important moved .02 in 60 foot over 4 passes on Sunday. My son will be over this tire the instant that happens in the late rounds or final of a big $ race or NHRA divisional and we’ll back on Hoosier’s C1550 for the next race, guaranfucingteed!!

quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
agree, drivers win races, EVERYONE racing has tires on race cars.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Trophy
Picture of dragracer2757
posted Hide Post
after running little and big bubbas both for the last 7 years or so and now after seeing first hand all the quality control issues since mickey was bought out,i made the switch to the c1550 on both cars and now wish i had made the switch sooner! they are a bad ass tire...period! It took a few runs with tire pressure to figure out but i am most impressed with how well they repeat not just through the day but the whole weekend..

Posts: 62 | Location: old hickory tn | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post