DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Altronics Performaire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Altronics Performaire
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
My Performaire Altronics weather station said "Low Battery" the other day. Put it on charger and it immediately said "100% Charged". I left it on over night and tried to run it today. Nothing. No screen nothing. So I called Altronics and they said to send it in $95 to check it out plus $50 for battery or $65 to replace circuit board.
So with shipping $175 or so to change battery? That just seems awfully steep to me.

Can I change it? Does anyone know what battery it uses? Any reason I could not change it?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark J
posted Hide Post
Mine did that also. It needed a new battery and charging circuit.

Posts: 36 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
WOW...they did mine 3 years old $85 plus the ride...they told me to keep a charge in the unit

This will help the life of the battery, but not to over charge...LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
WOW...they did mine 3 years old $85 plus the ride...they told me to keep a charge in the unit

This will help the life of the battery, but not to over charge...LOL

I would think $85 is fair a company has to make money but $95 to look at it plus $50 for a battery and or the charging circuit $65 I think is steep. And yes I am Cheap. Lol.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They will most likely put the latest update in it too,sometimes it seems like alot to
fix but a new one is expensive. And the turn around is very fast.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post