DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    contingency sticker removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

contingency sticker removal
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
It was hard enough removing one hundred contingency stickers with a heat gun but the real bear is removing the residual adhesive. Tried Goo Gone, Adhesive Remover, WD40, even BrakeCleen. Nothing really works well. Any ideas?

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Go to the local hardware store a buy a small can of Xylol it will remove the residue and not harm the paint.

Posts: 138 | Location: Midlothian, Texas | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner P.N. 08984 is what i use. I get it at O'Reilys. I would wash and wax when done.

Posts: 101 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
lacquer thinner

Posts: 32 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joeblow:
lacquer thinner

Depending on the paint on the car that could cause some real damage.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.
Car needs paint anyway so I might try lacquer thinner as a last resort but it's the nuclear option. I'll try the others first.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of eric doukas
posted Hide Post
Heat it up with a hair drier peel it off best you can then use WD40

Posts: 49 | Location: fallon nv | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
lacquer thinner will not harm enamels or urethanes

Posts: 32 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
Denatured alcohol

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of McK_Racing
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they make it anymore, but I use "Pre-Kleano" wax and grease remover for anything like that. I got it from an automotive paint store. It comes in an orange gallon can, and works great where other stuff fails.

Posts: 250 | Location: Northern Hemisphere | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post