DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Chrome Dzus fasteners ??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chrome Dzus fasteners ??
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Who sells chrome and colored Dzus fasteners ???
Thank you jjj

Posts: 188 | Location: WI 53511 | Registered: October 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would think bona fide chrome would inevitably become damaged, from repeated rubbing and tool use, and progressively degrade from there. So called colored would be anodized aluminum and would likely wear better. But I don't have practical experience with either.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Got 30 something IIRC, bonafide chrome dzus on my car for the past 5 years and they haven't become damaged or degraded.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got 30 something IIRC, bonafide chrome dzus on my car for the past 5 years and they haven't become damaged or degraded.

That's good news!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and the only dzus that see removal frequently are the 6 that hold the nose on. A distant 2nd would go to the 4 holding the scoop to the tray.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I love the hex head chrome dzus from Scott...badazz with the tool as well!

If your going to change them all...use the Hex as they are not prone to scratching like the flat heads are.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here are some more interesting fasteners. I especially like their Dzus tool.

http://behrents.com/panelfast/?page=5

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5305 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, Behrents is a great resource for everything racing related. I live 40 minutes from it and I'm there often. They have many full product lines in stock, including AllStar, ARP, Fel Pro, Earls, Wilwood, Holley, MSD, Simpson, Bell, Moroso, Autometer, NGK, Autolite, Champion, Redline, Joe Gibbs, Mobil 1, etc.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of changing all of the Dzus fasteners on my car over to the internal hex style. The slotted ones have worked for a long time, but they are sometimes frustrating on the rear panels on my car. I'd like to get the black anodized ones, I like the look...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
black anodized ones

Check with your local tech guys.

I thought black and very dark ones are illegal.

Can't see them easily on the track, if you lose one.

"You'll put an eye out!" Smile

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Gerard:
quote:
black anodized ones

Check with your local tech guys.

I thought black and very dark ones are illegal.

Can't see them easily on the track, if you lose one.

"You'll put an eye out!" Smile

If memory serves.. When people started painting them the rule was you could paint the top but everything under it was to be left natural color.. It was so they could be seen on the track..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
is there a rule for black bolts too? Roll Eyes there is no such rule prohibiting black dzus fasteners

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I don't recall any rules regarding that at all....track or organization....To me that would be the same as saying you can't have any black oxide coated bolts or nuts anywhere on your car for the same reason....

I'll look into it but I think that's not an issue.....

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Damn, Ed beat me to it....hehehe

Should have refreshed the page first!

Mark Goulette

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Maybe I can't read then..

Or maybe just because you haven't seen it makes it not so?

http://www.nhraracer.com/conte...eid=68701&zoneid=132

Did they take it out of the rulebook??

Dave

DC: And I stopped looking at NHRA rules in 1997..

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:

Dave

Shows you how little I've looked at that section...yeah, it says it. New location is Section 21, pg. 20, rule 4:7. Still states that...

I wonder if you can get them with the tops coated though....guess I better check that too....

Mark Goulette

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:

Dave

Shows you how little I've looked at that section...yeah, it says it. New location is Section 21, pg. 20, rule 4:7. Still states that...

I wonder if you can get them with the tops coated though....guess I better check that too....

Can't answer that one. I remember putting mine in a piece of cardboard and painting them. Became a pain in the rear so I just started keeping them natural.

Dave

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Our chrome fasteners are triple plated and very nice. You wont have any issues. Offer them in billet and spring ejects. hex only, slots are horrible for chrome because people use screw drivers then it damages the chrome and they want it replace. So we don't offer them.

Black - we offer the heads only coated which are NHRA accepted. Spring ejects aren't an issue as they're not removable.

We offer black in hex and slot, both billet and spring ejects.

We offer the coolest tool around. Soon to have a slot bit also for all the "old timers" Wink

All of our products we sell direct or you can purchase them through JEGS or Summit. Just search Collector Tethers on their website.

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
"must be WHITE or SILVER ONLY under the face.”

as I stated, no such rule prohibiting black dzus fasteners.