DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone run refeer madness fuel fragrance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone run refeer madness fuel fragrance
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Funny stuff from way back. I heard on the way to work, today is Tommy Chong's birthday.
Hope he enjoys himself, (if he will finally let Dave in, he definitely would). Big Grin

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you want attention go win a race. I have been in the fuel business for 30 years. This stuff is very dangerous because it causes racers and kids to inhale more dangerous fumes instead of moving away. No more tears that was laughable to drive a race car with fumes pouring in and this would help you consume even more hazardous fumes. The reason your eyes are watering is your body fighting dangerous fumes. The byproduct of methanol is formaldehyde and affects you later in life in not a nice way. Also q16 and some other fuels are a serious health hazard to breath and should not be sold. Money and ignorance over rules common sense.

Posts: 62 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Imagine pulled over at a road stop. Mind if I look in your trailer? Then its Blue Man Shake head Be Right Back Im allergic to the smoke part. Gives me a headache.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irf3:
If you want attention go win a race. I have been in the fuel business for 30 years. This stuff is very dangerous because it causes racers and kids to inhale more dangerous fumes instead of moving away. No more tears that was laughable to drive a race car with fumes pouring in and this would help you consume even more hazardous fumes. The reason your eyes are watering is your body fighting dangerous fumes. The byproduct of methanol is formaldehyde and affects you later in life in not a nice way. Also q16 and some other fuels are a serious health hazard to breath and should not be sold. Money and ignorance over rules common sense.

I still find the fumes have a bite to them regardless of the smell. How much formaldehyde is inhaled on a typical race day? How does that compare to the hourly vape many of the kids are pulling on today? I'm not saying anyone should subject themselves to large amounts of methanol fumes. But even with the fragrance, most do not.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I have run the Reefer Madness before and it smelled like nasty hippy perfume. I switched back to root beer as my flavor of choice, I won't race without it.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
they must use that a lot at a track i was at not long ago.lol

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

I said the same thing on the previous page. Someone said I needed to get back into the freezer before I melt. he must be a liberal. I posted a fact, then he attacked me personally.
The problem with the fragrances are, even if it still smells bad people will intentionally take a big whiff to see what it smells like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Woody B,

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The exposure time for children is, or should be quite small. Heck our race cars don't run that long as a rule. A "big whiff" is far from causing permanent damage. One would see throat irritation long before any permanent damage. And the fragrance does not prevent that. formaldehyde exposure is generally only a problem at extreme exposure and for some time. Even smaller exposure for very long periods can be an issue. Like workplace exposure for years or exposure in homes from plywood. If you guys have some sort of evidence that sort bursts of exposure like we see in and around race cars is harmful to people, out with it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have personally witnessed kids and parents in a garage or trailer with a running car. Kids think they are at a carnival. Propylene oxide was banned from racing because once again was a serious health hazard to other racers especially dirt racers. All I can say is I own a door car and it has zero fumes getting in.

Posts: 62 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have personally witnessed kids and parents in a garage or trailer with a running car. Kids think they are at a carnival. Propylene oxide was banned from racing because once again was a serious health hazard to other racers especially dirt racers. All I can say is I own a door car and it has zero fumes getting in.

You can't protect every smarty with blanket bans. Those are the same folks who smoke or vape endlessly on the way home with the windows up and not a care in the world. When they get sick, all anyone will remember is that they race cars, so the fuel must have been what got them. If the lack of fragrance is the only thing keeping those sorts alive, it's only a matter of time before they find something that will kill them anyhow.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Alcohol was always fun when we tuned a car on the dyno at the race car shop. Even with giant fans going, it was only a matter of time before it ran you out of there. The trick was to breath thru your mouth, once I would inhale thru the nose, I was done.

Question: Do morticians where respirators when they embalm the dead? They huff the stuff everyday, it can't be good for them either.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post