DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone run refeer madness fuel fragrance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone run refeer madness fuel fragrance
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
I am actually allergic. Cotton candy smells good.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I know some people do because I have smelled it before at the track.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I was a race or so short of making it through the season last year. So I bought half a barrel from a buddy that had that in it. If I work on the fuel system my hands smell like it. My oil smells like it even if not looking diluted. Weird stuff and unmistakable smell. Cotton candy almost smells like cake to me. And then I'm hungry.

How does that allergy affect you?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

How does that allergy affect you?

I think it causes his speech to slow down and it gives him the munchies...

Laughing Hard

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Stuff that is bad for you to breathe, should smell bad. That is all... Big Grin

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Where do you get it, from Cheech and Chong?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I thought it would be funny, to strain bacon grease down, good, and add that for fragrance. That would make everyone hungry.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
There is a bacon scent available, you can get just about any scent you desire.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Get back to me when they make one that smells like crisp 100$ bills... That should be in TF!
HMMMM
Bender... I watched a special Cheech and Chong interview by Sammy Hagar last week. It was great.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Bender... I watched a special Cheech and Chong interview by Sammy Hagar last week. It was great.

Cool! Was Dave finally there?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's funny that they call it that name. IMO, it doesn't smell a lick like any of the potheads I knew. They say you never forget that smell!
It kinda smells like a man's cologne to me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:

Cool! Was Dave finally there?

Who? Who? Dave? Dave’s not here..

So the refer, it smells like skunk?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It smells like bad perfume or cologne.

On the other hand, the motorcycle pits are where you can find the reefer madness Big Grin

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fragrances in alcohol is a really bad idea. A by product from alcohol combustion is formaldehyde. Inhalation of formaldehyde is a known/proven health risk. Making burnt alcohol smell good is simply a bad idea.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
Fragrances in alcohol is a really bad idea. A by product from alcohol combustion is formaldehyde. Inhalation of formaldehyde is a known/proven health risk. Making burnt alcohol smell good is simply a bad idea.

The fragrance is more of a fun thing for most. If the fumes are intense, it will still chase you off. It still stings ya. I use a respirator in the shop when the engine is running and after. And I usually don't bother with the smelly stuff.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, man I'm Dave...…….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
On the other hand, the motorcycle pits are where you can find the reefer madness Big Grin

LOL. When I was in Div 5, all the bike racers pitted together. Between rounds they would all hop on their carts or scooters and "go down to the big end". Always came back with a certain odor about them, and grins on their faces. Big Grin

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:

Quick, get back into the freezer before you melt.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I actually love the sweet smell of plain methanol when a carb is adjusted properly.
Mine, on the other hand, never smells good. It is a 2-circuit Dominator and at part throttle, (on way to/from pits) it puts out some nasty, harsh, eye-and-throat burning fumes.
I add some Wild Cherry to it, to knock the edge off, but it doesn't help much. Got the car sealed up real well, that was a big help, so most times I don't smell anything.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:

No, man I'm Dave...…….

Knock knock knock
Who is it!?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo