Tools

1969 nova rehab
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by excessive braker:
Car came out beautiful! Major difference!! Love that orange and I'm sure it pops in the sun.

I seen you were talking about painting the centers of the wheels black which I think would look great but if you have someone close to you that can do hydro dipping, I would get them dipped in carbon fiber to match the graphics on the car. I think that would tie everything together very well!

Thank you its crazy in the sun at night under the lights is gonna look real nice

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
First weekend out i tried to go to Beards race at VMP untested.. It was a poor decision to say the least, But hey the car looked great lol. Issues i had are now fixed and i just want to go race...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I love that base color, nice car.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:

Thanks

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:

I agree. The build photos are cool.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Finally almost done. In few thing to take care of. Here old girl is after 31 years in the family she needed some love and got it... Still needs to be cut and buffed let me know what you think.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xxwBSRJAeDJy9jFS7
looks great! I have a Smith racetrack front end for my wife's 70 nova also, just need time to put it all together. It looks like a great piece. Curious how much weight it took off?

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:
Finally almost done. In few thing to take care of. Here old girl is after 31 years in the family she needed some love and got it... Still needs to be cut and buffed let me know what you think.

looks great! I have a Smith racetrack front end for my wife's 70 nova also, just need time to put it all together. It looks like a great piece. Curious how much weight it took off?

235lbs total with the front end and fiberglass front end and doors. i am guessing 119-120 with the frame.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:

235lbs total with the front end and fiberglass front end and doors. i am guessing 110-120 with the frame.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55