DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    TNT Dragster owners ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TNT Dragster owners ?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Ok ok 2982 hp... Full Moon

Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
From my experience the Big Bubba is a great tire for cars running as quick as 3.80's or so, quicker than that though there is probably a better option...………….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys. Not trying to be combative on the tire thing but I run more S/C than bracket racing. I am not a naturally fast button releaser and need all the help I can get and the GY lets me be 00 with 10 in the box usually. I ran the MT till last year and was 30 with box empty most of the time.
I had the rear all apart last winter and replaced all the heims and wear components and I put it back together with the top bars in the wrong holes at both ends. At least that is what I am being told from other TNT cars I have talked to. So I am gonna reset and try again. I didn't go to Noble. I learned my lesson about going there.

I also have a set of big bubbas sitting here if this doesn't fix it I will try again and see if it fixes the shake.
I have been on Jim's dyno Torqin 1500hp runs like 3000 on that thing. My motor made 1151 on it and ran 8.90 at 185

Posts: 36 | Location: BROKEN ARROW OK | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
All good, I can say there are now a total of 4 passes on the brand new TNT I am driving. Very smooth car! 255 incher. PM me and I can text you pics of bar locations if you want.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
torqin
How much timing are pulling at the hit?
1.05 60ft gotta be pulling timing.

Posts: 36 | Location: BROKEN ARROW OK | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
They won't tell me...this thing really turns on at about 100ft out...they p I s s I n me off...! Big Grin

The whole car is new and they are very conservative with the efi. Driveshaft sensor work and did not record the 3 runs...changing brand new sensor out this morning. Hopefully we get some data today.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My brother has always ran goodyear tires and they will shake like your describing. H e found that a very short burnout helps and if he can time it where he stages quickly its even better. Basically the less heat in the sidewall the better. I tried and tried to get him to try my Bubbas but he will not run anything but Goodyears.
Good luck
David

Posts: 134 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
what Torqin said X2

X3

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post