DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    throttle stop control
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

throttle stop control
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted
I just saw something interesting at the Dallas race today.

in SG, the one car spun hard on the line. and ran a 9.90 for the win. It looked like he ran it all the way, and fender raced the stripe. And I didn't hear his car come off the stop.

so I was wondering, could he have turned the stop off and ran wide open? Never having used a stop, I have no idea how they are controlled, regulated and so on.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mega boxes have an override for the timers.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Ok, a pretty cool job he did then to shut it off, then keep it that tight running wide open all the way.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the Green Camaro with the white stripes?

If so, he runs a lenco and top end stop. 9.90 @ 100 mph. One bad ass racer.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Tim Nicholson is one slow Super Gas racer that wins...

https://www.nhra.com/news/2018/madison-sg

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post