DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Old School morphed with Current Tech
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old School morphed with Current Tech
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted
So I wanted to build a new engine for my IROC. The goal is 500/500 at the tire. Built a 379 and morphed current ECM into it. Added a trigger with COP, and current CNC heads with elbow and EFI components. I dyno'd it, now putting it in the car with a new Holley HP system and headed to a Mainline chassis dyno. Not your traditional SBC, EFI engine. Very different!

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Chad I bet the torque curve will great between 2500 -4000 rpm. I know you did not build for mpg. but would not be shocked if its a lot better than you think. Maybe 20 mpg.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
And i'm over here with an LS with a carb.. Exact opposite, still works great!

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Chad I bet the torque curve will great between 2500 -4000 rpm. I know you did not build for mpg. but would not be shocked if its a lot better than you think. Maybe 20 mpg.

I started the pull at 4000! Smile

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 23taltered:
And i'm over here with an LS with a carb.. Exact opposite, still works great!

Putting a LS in my 3rd Gen wasn't an option. I was going to put the 4150 style throttle body on it but I like the look of the factory air cleaner system of these cars.

DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Looks killer

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
NICE

TGIF

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Can you hide the coil packs then add a small belt with charger down low. I am just ragging you. You know how much I like your work. I send people to you. I say he is not like everyone else he likes his stuff to look not just clean but factory. Will it carve some fast curves too? With heat and C of course. I am possible digging my old malibu wagon out need to put it back as shop truck hauling empty trailers and etc.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chad, where did you get the elbow on that intake?

Posts: 722 | Location: Somers, ny | Registered: October 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ralph85:
Chad, where did you get the elbow on that intake?

Nitrous Outlet

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Can you hide the coil packs then add a small belt with charger down low. I am just ragging you. You know how much I like your work. I send people to you. I say he is not like everyone else he likes his stuff to look not just clean but factory. Will it carve some fast curves too? With heat and C of course. I am possible digging my old malibu wagon out need to put it back as shop truck hauling empty trailers and etc.

Thanks for sending them my way!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post