New
Find
Notify
Tools

C12to C16
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I may swap from VP c12 to c16 for rest of season. Is there a jet or air bleed change needed to keep it close? Thank you.

Posts: 82 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Is this a blower or turbocharger application? If not,....the C16 is not the best choice gas for naturally aspirated. It is designed for high intake air ( compressed) temps. Just saying

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 999 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, You are right, found some specs, I do not need to use c16. I have a BBC 13.5 to 1. I just didn't want to order a drum this late in season and fuel guy has a ton of c16. Makes sense now, they are 16+.1 on nitrous on one and blown on another. Thanks for the red flag!

Posts: 82 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Your welcome,....C16 is probably the most misused fuel out there.

MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 999 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I tried C16 in my car when I initially started spraying it. on motor I lost .10 going from the C-14 to the 16. It is a very slow burning fuel. good for very high cylinder pressures as stated above. I found that I never even liked how it worked with nitrous even though I know many have success running it that way. As Ron C. mentioned even with nitrous the air intake pressures and temp is not high enough to benefit from it. I never could get a clean plug reading no matter what I did with jet. I switched to Q16 and haven't looked back.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 207 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPosey:
Thanks for the reply, You are right, found some specs, I do not need to use c16. I have a BBC 13.5 to 1. I just didn't want to order a drum this late in season and fuel guy has a ton of c16. Makes sense now, they are 16+.1 on nitrous on one and blown on another. Thanks for the red flag!

Tell us about your cylinder heads, cam, stage temperature, and RPM range, you could probably run any 110 fuel.

People waste more money on fuel that isn't required than you can shake a stick at.....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 332 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
True statement ^^^

Posts: 198 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
For nitrous use, this is an excellent fuel choice https://vpracingfuels.com/wp-c...11/NO2_SpecSheet.pdf

Ron Clevenger

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tell us about your cylinder heads, cam, stage temperature, and RPM range, you could probably run any 110 fuel.

505 BBC, Brodix bb2+ 2.30 intake valve flowed good on bench, .807- .765ex 285/298@.050, stage at 160, 4600chip stalls at 6100,shift 7000 on time, falls to 6400ish cross at 7100. 490s in dragster.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
110 is all you need.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 332 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I recently experimented with changing from C-12 and Sunoco Supreme (there was zero difference between the VP and the Sunoco, only the cost) to C-15. The car initially slowed (mph) a very small amount, until I started playing with the timing. The C-15 needed an increase in timing so I bumped the lead 2 degrees at a time until it started to slow down. In my case adding 3 degrees made a difference, that increased the MPH. The jetting did not change, the plug readings all looked good.

This is on a 15.2:1 582 with a CFE BMF385 conventional 24 degree 114 cc cylinder head.

Bob

Posts: 2119 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post