New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proform starter
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I bought a Proform starter as a back up maybe 6--7 years ago and just got it out of the box today cleaning out trailer and its supposed to be for a Oldsmobile and has the correct number on the box but the starter appears to be a part number 66273 which is an Ls1 etc part. I have no clue where I got it and was wondering if I could change the mounting block to the correct one and use it. Other than the mounting holes being offset it looks the same. Any suggestions other than contact manufacturer, I'll do that later if I have to.

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
123 looks and no help Frown

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I guess I was 205, but I have no clue, sorry.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Fern, Mark Payne at House of Payne will most likely know what to do and have the required part.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sell it. Get a good starter.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had a Proform starter. Lasted 2 starts on the Dyno, before it would no longer engage... i would get rid of it.

Posts: 33 | Location: Xenia | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well now I have options. Thanks