Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    SBC header adapter plates...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SBC header adapter plates...
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mezmorized
posted
Hi, I have a bit of a dilemma, I know of the header adapter plates to bolt to small block Chevy heads to accommodate Stahl headers with their different bolt pattern. But I have the opposite... I have a set of Brodix aluminum heads that have the Stahl pattern on them and I have a set of Hooker Super Competition headers with the stock pattern. Does anyone make adapter plates for my situation?

Thanks in advance!!

Marc.

Posts: 47 | Location: Pontiac, Québec, Canada | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tom Reyer
posted Hide Post
Not sure if there is a "buy it now" solution for this. You can always buy a Stahl header flange, countersink the Stahl pattern holes, drill n tap 6 new holes for your headers.

$100 in header flanges, some hardware and a little work with a drill n tap and you're good to go.

http://www.stahlheaders.com/flanges_main.htm

Speedway has better prices I think.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/...?query=header+plates

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 671 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mezmorized:
Hi, I have a bit of a dilemma, I know of the header adapter plates to bolt to small block Chevy heads to accommodate Stahl headers with their different bolt pattern. But I have the opposite... I have a set of Brodix aluminum heads that have the Stahl pattern on them and I have a set of Hooker Super Competition headers with the stock pattern. Does anyone make adapter plates for my situation?

Thanks in advance!!

Marc.

Call Scott Parks at Neil&Parks, he will make you whatever you need with a click of a button.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Not sure if there is a "buy it now" solution for this. You can always buy a Stahl header flange, countersink the Stahl pattern holes, drill n tap 6 new holes for your headers.

That's what I have done in the past.

Posts: 44 | Location: Brooksville FL  | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There used to be a machine shop in new Carlisle indiana I believe it was Nicholas machine that offered the plates you're looking for. Their old website nimac.biz isn't working any longer though. Possibly give them a call. I have bought quite a few adapter plates from them in the past. Very good quality and the price was always very reasonable.

Posts: 30 | Location: illinois | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mezmorized
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you!!

Posts: 47 | Location: Pontiac, Québec, Canada | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post