DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Profiler 375’s or Brodix BB3-xtra
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Profiler 375’s or Brodix BB3-xtra
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Back in the day the 1802 Duke heads where worth some et. You could probably get them pretty cheap now. I ran 7.18@187 with a 1940lbs dragster. That was high 4.50s to low 4.60 with a single terminator.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

I have seen some real strong SR-20 headed engines lately. Makes me want one.....

I have one now, Dart's version - Pro20's. 632 single race gas carb has run 6.76 and 197 plus at 1840 lbs. Great combo. This motor is a good 25 pounds lighter than my old 12 degree 632 and runs the same!

What was the difference in MPH between the 12 degree and SR20 combos?

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I guess because I havent seen or heard of anyone doing it. I know people who have tried to run alcohol carbs with them without much success. I have also entioned it several times on different forums & no one has told me otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Koehler:
quote:
Originally posted by MorgretNation:
Problem with the Sr20 is I want to keep running the alcohol injection. I know alot of people running those heads but none of them is running alcohol

Not that the head change will be a life changer but I'm just curious as to what makes you think you can't run the terminator with the SRs?

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Running alky in a high HP/CID application is much easier with injection vs a carb due to the fact you MFI can supply both quality and quantity at the same time. Carbs have a tougher time doing both. Since we are not talking Comp/PS here there are no magical parts that alky needs vs gas but when running some heads such as 12 degree BC and the SR/Pro 20 heads also fall into this area, some chamber mods are required. I number of years back James Monroe built a motor, not sure what size, in the 598 range, with 12 degree Profiler BC heads using a Ron's terminator and it ran great!!!!

So there is no reason you can't use a set of SR20 or Pro 20 heads and use alky!

About 6 or so years ago I ran a 565 with Brodix HH's (383's) with a Terminator setup. Ran it in a 1925 lbs RED and it ran 4.50's in good air but mostly 60's using a soft hit 8" converter! No magical alky cam was used in this combo.

Posts: 2151 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

I have seen some real strong SR-20 headed engines lately. Makes me want one.....

I have one now, Dart's version - Pro20's. 632 single race gas carb has run 6.76 and 197 plus at 1840 lbs. Great combo. This motor is a good 25 pounds lighter than my old 12 degree 632 and runs the same!

What was the difference in MPH between the 12 degree and SR20 combos?

If anything the Pro 20 is slightly faster! The Pro 20 combo has a little more lift cam wise but less compression than the 12 degree.
The graphs on my racepak are identical using the same carb and converter comparing one to the other!

Posts: 2151 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
may wanna look into the Race Flow Development RFD 24 - B ( non-MC ). supposed to make good power on the alky!

Race Flow development 24-B

Just completed a 584 with these heads. just waiting for a sunny day to see results.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
SCDiv1, pm sent

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Got it and pm sent back to you.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
PM SENT BACK

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
may wanna look into the Race Flow Development RFD 24 - B ( non-MC ). supposed to make good power on the alky!

Race Flow development 24-B

I had these on my 582, went high 60s low 70s mostly. Best of 4.61 down in Richmond.

I built a 632 last winter and put these heads on it. Have been running 4.50s all year. Mostly ive tested converters this year, Think ive had 7 converters in and out of it. 4.52-4.54 151 currently. Have found maybe .06 between em.
Even sprayed a little shot for a Q32, went 4.44 155.
Oh yeah, single alky carb.

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had these on my 582, went high 60s low 70s mostly

Wonder what I'm doing wrong then!?! Laughing Hard

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What are camshaft specs?

Posts: 24 | Location: Peterman, AL | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
900, 855. 282,292 with a 113 centerline

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A friend made a time run in my car when I had to work last year with 582, he was 80lbs heavier. it was .08 slower. I was 1860 lbs with the 582. 1880 with 632 without the bottle.

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Lady’s probably just fat and the 4.10 big bubba combo ain’t helping

Michael Frizie
ET 2471