DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    High Gear problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Gear problem
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
A friend of mine has a issue that just developed. SBC with PG & 8" ATI Converter. Car leaves fine & eveything is normal through low gear.Once high gear shift the car feels like something is dragging it. Slow to build RPM & car is approx 2-3 tenths slow. Fuel curve shows rich condition, Crank trigger pickup ohms ok. Transmission was tore down & all parts looked ok. Converter was sent to ATI. They said it looked ok. Any ideas

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tire rub? Drive shaft rub?

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would say the sprag is going away, even if ATI wouldn't admit it. I had the same thing happen to me and was even intermittent until finally crapping out completely. That is my guess anyway.

Posts: 27 | Location: Pen Argyl, PA | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post