DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Crane Cams 3 wire crank trigger pickup
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crane Cams 3 wire crank trigger pickup
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a Crane Cams crank trigger, the pickup has red, black and white wires. I'm not having any luck finding a wiring diagram to hook up to a 7AL3 ignition box. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Posts: 170 | Location: nj | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Unless I'm mistaken, an MSD ignition won't work with those pickups. Those were a Hall effect sensor instead of a non magnetic pickup. You'll have to get an msd or moroso pickup for it to work

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Mark, this was on a running car. It was wired through an MSD 8982 timing controller and a 7AL2. I spoke to MSD tech, they said to try red 12v. Bl grand and hook up the white wire to the points terminal on the 7AL3. I tried Crane Cams, they advised me FAST bought their ign division in 2015. Tried FAST, no answer, left an email.

Posts: 170 | Location: nj | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post