DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Who can get best price on a aftermarket trans case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who can get best price on a aftermarket trans case
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Who can get best price on a aftermarket trans case for a dragster

Posts: 29 | Location: tennessee | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What case, ATI or Reid?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
price each and would like to get a powder coated or hydrodipped price also.

Posts: 29 | Location: tennessee | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I would call John Parks at Chromeworx Ultra Cars

http://goultracars.com/

and Marco Abruzzi

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
We have Ried 1 piece and ATI 2 piece cases in stock. Both are $895

We can add powder coat for $175 (black, silver and Black Chrome) or we can add hydro-dip for $275. For the hydro-dip we have Carbon fiber in stock and we can do pretty much any design you like with some extra time for the custom dip pattern.

-Dalton

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
td9757 check your pm

Straightline Innovations - Performance Parts -Enclosed Trailer Screws

Posts: 64 | Location: Charlotte, Tn. | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Who can certify cases? I know ATI does their own, but I am tired of sending cases back to California every 5 years.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Who can certify cases? I know ATI does their own, but I am tired of sending cases back to California every 5 years.

Rob you can send them to TCI now to have re-certed.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Ken,

Is that only for Reid cases?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Legally only Reid (or Hutch in canada) can do Reid cases. If you dont mind and illegal sticker there's a bunch of places doing that lol

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i would like to have an out of date case to make a spare trans out of if anyone might have one laying around.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
TCI is doing recerts legally. Reids stipulation is that the company has to do enough business with said company, and they cannot produce there own cases.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 703 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Hughes can recert Reid cases as well.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post